Thread: SD and dynamic airflow

Tuner

SD and dynamic airflow

here's a good one. while perusing the tables i had a random thought. seeing as i removed the MAF and now in CLSD, in the dynamic airflow table the MAF takes over at 4000 rpms to do airmass prediction calculations. i think this should be set above my rpm range as there are no MAF readings to do this with anymore.

also, my second question, according to hptuners scanner, the MAF is reading a default value of 3.53 g/sec. is this skewing anything. here's pic of the dynamic airflow area i am refering to

Last edited by mrr23; 09-29-2008 at 10:31 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    here's a good one. while perusing the tables i had a random thought. seeing as i removed the MAF and now in CLSD, in the dynamic airflow table the MAF takes over at 4000 rpms to do airmass prediction calculations. i think this should be set above my rpm range as there are no MAF readings to do this with anymore.

also, my second question, according to hptuners scanner, the MAF is reading a default value of 3.53 lb/min. is this skewing anything. here's pic of the dynamic airflow area i am refering to
    Yes if you are scanning maf while you have the maf disabled or removed it WILL skew the cell that you are in histogram/graph/gauge displays. This is why it is highly recommended to remove this pid from your table display if it is not accurate.

As for the dynamic airflow, I never mess with it unless I'm still running the maf sensor, although I've seen some tuners set it higher just to make sure it is using ve while in SD mode.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    thanks