Thread: Russ K's RAF config file

Tuner

Russ K's RAF config file

I downloaded Russ K's config file to scan for the cold start idling tuning I guess what it is. I opend up the file in the vcm scanner and it brings up the histogram window with a error "unable to parse" I'm wondering if I even downloaded the right file lol...

Try this one. Maybe you have to start scanning first and then hit histogram.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone confirm what we are supposed to do with the results of this config? I recall someone stating you just take the STIT and add them to your RAF table? I've done this in the past and it's given me less than desirable results which I'm assuming means my fueling/spark is out of whack?
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

You copy the desired airflow (#1 histogram) and paste it into the RAF table of the editor. Make sure that you match the temp cells of the scanner to the editor.

Then for the lower & higher temp cells that you didn't enter, change them by the same value that you did enter. Use the compare mode with your stock tune.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    You copy the desired airflow (#1 histogram) and paste it into the RAF table of the editor. Make sure that you match the temp cells of the scanner to the editor.

Then for the lower & higher temp cells that you didn't enter, change them by the same value that you did enter. Use the compare mode with your stock tune.

Russ Kemp
    That's what I've been doing, thanks for confirming my method!!
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Maybe a dumb question but I am getting the "Unable to parse" and I am wondering what is wrong. Do I have to start the scan first?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C