Thread: MAF With Narrow O2

MAF With Narrow O2

I know this has been beat into the ground; however I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I've read the "Tuning How To" which outlines wide band MAF tuning...is it the same process for a narrow O2? If so how do I configure the custom histogram. Again I need some advance spoon feeding here. Thanks in advance.
    02 WS6 AFR 205's 62cc, 224/228, Jet Hot Lt's, 3:42's, ASP, T56, Attempting Tune, Dyno in future

One: Disable LTFT's
    Two: Make sure your table view in the scanner includes MAF Hz. If not, you get nothing.
    Three: Log data. Try to get at least 100 hits per cell on the MAF up to where the engine goes into power enrichment. DON'T disable Power Enrichment.
    Four: Copy your STFT vs MAF Hz from the scanner in the [A] verage mode.
    Five: Paste - Special Multiply % into the MAF table
    Six: Repeat above as necessary until you have everything within +/-3% on the STFT's
    Seven: Reenable LTFT's and enjoy.

BTW: Fix any knock retard that you run into along the way.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Step four is where I need the advance spoon feeding....building the histogram. I can't seem to load the data. I get a red star...I'm not holding my mouth right.
    02 WS6 AFR 205's 62cc, 224/228, Jet Hot Lt's, 3:42's, ASP, T56, Attempting Tune, Dyno in future

Red star means you have a filter on the MAF histogram.
    Use this histogram.

Okay, I'm batting 1,000 in the short bus window licker competion...I saved your file and tried to open it; however got a message of "Unable to parse log". And to think I actually own tools.

Okay after reading your instructions several thousand times and looking back over the How to's I think I've extracted the correct information...or so I hope. Under Plot Value sensor I listed STFT & under X-Header I listed MAF Airflow vs Output Frequency which returned some numbers which look close to the stock settings in the Editor. I'll flash & scan again today. Thanks for your help & patience.

No problem. I love it when the lightbulb comes on. A HA! moments are great aren't they. I've found that most people learn the most by doing it themselves. I'm glad you got it figured out.

Doug

Advanced Tuner
    would i use this same procedure for my 99 gtp?
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.