Thread: Converter lockup problems

Tuner in Training

Converter lockup problems

What would cause my torque converter to lock up fine then a few miles later unlock and not lock up for about 5 miles then lock up for about a mile then unlock for about 5 miles. Am I missing something in my tune.

Also should I be concerned with the LTFT varying so much from one bank to another. I have checked for exhuast leaks and I do not have none.Here is my latest tune and log.

see if this fixes your lockup problems;

if it does, go back to the tune YOU posted and compare it to mine; under engine diag tab... begin raising the numbers in the cruise area until you get good lockup and then stop, so that misfire detection will still work.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    see if this fixes your lockup problems;

if it does, go back to the tune YOU posted and compare it to mine; under engine diag tab... begin raising the numbers in the cruise area until you get good lockup and then stop, so that misfire detection will still work.
    Thanks I will try it when I get home.

Also should I be concerned about the difference in LTFT's.

It's not much of a difference between them, it's not enough that I would even think twice about it. When you swap O2s in the future, just replace them both at once.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Man, I'm having the EXACT same problem.

Is is possible for a misfire detection to unlock the converter like this but not set a 0300 code/cel light?

Askipper---how did you make out by maxing those tables??

Potential Tuner
    Maxing the tables seemed to do the trick for me. Thank you very much for the good advice.