Thread: Request for a table in PCM but not in the Editor

Request for a table in PCM but not in the Editor

Hey gang. THere's a table in the 04 GP GTPs (not sure on the GTs) called something like AFR Spark. What it does, is while in boost for a specific amount of time, it starts to add timing (thus adding knock and KR..not helpful). Would it be possible to make it so we can see this, and thus, knock some of the stupid stuff GM does to a minimum? Why you'd want to add timing just because it's in boost for a specific amount of time is beyond me, you'd think you'd just go with the safest timing it can run instead of adding, but hey, that's GM. Anyway, that'd be helpful to those of us with these cars/engines. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
    Hey gang. THere's a table in the 04 GP GTPs (not sure on the GTs) called something like AFR Spark. What it does, is while in boost for a specific amount of time, it starts to add timing (thus adding knock and KR..not helpful). Would it be possible to make it so we can see this, and thus, knock some of the stupid stuff GM does to a minimum? Why you'd want to add timing just because it's in boost for a specific amount of time is beyond me, you'd think you'd just go with the safest timing it can run instead of adding, but hey, that's GM. Anyway, that'd be helpful to those of us with these cars/engines. Thanks!!
    Are you actually seeing timing being increased in your scans? When I go WOT for like 15 seconds my timing stays pretty constant at 18*
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkiiRegal
    Are you actually seeing timing being increased in your scans? When I go WOT for like 15 seconds my timing stays pretty constant at 18*
    Well, it WANTS to increase. It's also dependant on time. I forget what the time limit is on it, so if it's just a quick burst or jaunt up to 60, I don't think it's a problem. Someone else told me about this too, which would also help explain why the KR increases as the speed increases, because it's in boost longer and longer. I have seen where I've stayed in boost, say going up a mountain, and for no reason, I'm getting KR all of a sudden at a low boost application.
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    1995 Jeep Cherokee

Are you actually seeing timing being increased in your scans?
    Yes. I have seen this. I have changed this table in the .bin file and saw the added timing disappear...
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh
    Yes. I have seen this. I have changed this table in the .bin file and saw the added timing disappear...
    yeah Chris has added this to the 04 Cals and has it on his to do list to add this & a bunch of other tables to the other operating systems, its just a large undertaking to do so because there are so many operating systems available for V6's. If you'd like us to 0 out the table for you as a temporary fix just email us the file to support & we can take care of it for you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    If you'd like us to 0 out the table for you as a temporary fix just email us the file to support & we can take care of it for you.
    Hey Bill, Can I have this done to my 2000 GTP ?
    I'll email a stock OSID bin and just import my tune into it ??
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

The 2.1.19 has the AFR spark tables for every V6 that I looked at, including the 2000 GTP.

Russ Kemp

Cool. Russ, if I send you the stock bin can you check it and see if the table is indeed there? If thats the case, I can wait til the next release.
    Or on 2nd thought I'll just attach it here

John
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah its in there
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"