Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituner View Post
    If you think that snippet was easy to come by and run thru IDA you have to learn alot.
    No one said easy. I'm well aware of the complexity of something like that which is why I choose not to dabble in it, but my original statement still applies.

If NGC3 is done where is it??
    you must not have been paying attention if you are asking this.
    Jaime

Tuner
    I offered once to help for free a couple years ago..
    never heard a thing back.

If you think that snippet was easy to come by and run thru IDA you have to learn alot.

If NGC3 is done where is it??

NGC3 died in 2006 it's like NGC4++ now.

The snippet I provided is NGC4 with NAG1 TCM support.

Not trying to smear or push anything I'm just trying to push a manufacturer in this case HP.....

but not to worry I'm equal opportunity

I slam Diablo too and they had all the Hemi files hand delivered to them thats why they are so far along.

BTW JTEC is sooooooo 2000

OK I'm done and out.

Back to your regularly yearly scheduled begging.

BTW I didn't start this thread....... HP did 2 1/2 yrs ago....
    How is this helping anyone or "pushing them" , I don't see you saying anything constructive or helpful, just a bunch of ego stroking on your part.

if we were in the business of removing chips and reflashing them with EEPROM flashers we could support the EGS52/53 no problem there is a reason why nobody supports OBD2 flashing of this TCM but i assume you already know that.

I'm just nailing down some final issues with my 300C supercharger install and once that's done beta will begin. I want to make sure we have everything required for NA and FI tuning.

I know it's frustrating, but the majority of our problems getting 2.24 released over the last 3 months have been 3rd party software vendor bugs breaking our development environment.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Just a quick question on the side that you mentioned FI. Do you think there will be custom boost OS's for the HEMI's?
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Just a quick question on the side that you mentioned FI. Do you think there will be custom boost OS's for the HEMI's?
    Dodge's likely don't need it, the VE table normalizers are adjustable as are most other normalizers on dodge.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    i hope not, DCX stuff is all speed density and most of the GM stuff we did was to remove the MAF and allow MAP sensors bigger range. So far i haven't seen a need, but my 300C is running 8 PSI. MAP should easily go to 250 kpa and maybe higher using the std OS.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Dodge's likely don't need it, the VE table normalizers are adjustable as are most other normalizers on dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    i hope not, DCX stuff is all speed density and most of the GM stuff we did was to remove the MAF and allow MAP sensors bigger range. So far i haven't seen a need, but my 300C is running 8 PSI. MAP should easily go to 250 kpa and maybe higher using the std OS.
    I would say the only real need would be increasing the VE table size or adding a supplemental boost table to allow you to keep better resolution in the part throttle areas for calibrations running over 2 bar. The normalizers are great, but you are still limited in resolution by the table size. Other than that little detail, the NGC's are very boost friendly.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 12-01-2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    I would say the only real need would be increasing the VE table size or adding a supplemental boost table to allow you to keep better resolution in the part throttle areas for calibrations running over 2 bar. The normalizers are great, but you are still limited in resolution by the table size. Other than that little detail, the NGC's are very boost friendly.
    Yeah I don't see a custom os for that happening...for GM's we did them out of necessity since the pcm has a hardcoded maf limit and the normalizers aren't adjustable.

From the looks of it the NGC3 VE table is 17x17 meaning for 210 kpa you are getting increments of 12-13kpa which in our LS1 gm custom os's we get 10kpa increments in 1/2 of the years so its pretty similar.

-Bill

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah I don't see a custom os for that happening...for GM's we did them out of necessity since the pcm has a hardcoded maf limit and the normalizers aren't adjustable.

From the looks of it the NGC3 VE table is 17x17 meaning for 210 kpa you are getting increments of 12-13kpa which in our LS1 gm custom os's we get 10kpa increments in 1/2 of the years so its pretty similar.

-Bill
    Agreed, definately not worth the time, development wise. Its really only over the 2 bar line when things start getting tight.
    Jaime

Ah ok that's cool. I'm looking forward to being able to look at the files and learn more about them. Thanks for the reply
    '20 AT4

also the axis values don't have to be linear, you can still get good part throttle resolution and then sacrifice resolution on boost, you rarely need much resolution between 100 kpa and full boost anyway
    I count sheep in hex...

I just got to looking around on that and I'm pretty excited to start playing around with the normalizer values on a customer's turbo truck.
    '20 AT4

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Chris, have you had success getting your car into OL power enrichment, without invoking wot through lowering the wot pedel threshold constant? This is enough of a problem in the Hemi community that some people are resorting to using piggyback O2 sensor signal conditioners to help bias the fuel trims so there can be some enrichment under part throttle boost situations . Either that, or run closed loop at stoich under boost

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Chris, have you had success getting your car into OL power enrichment, without invoking wot through lowering the wot pedel threshold constant? This is enough of a problem in the Hemi community that some people are resorting to using piggyback O2 sensor signal conditioners to help bias the fuel trims so there can be some enrichment under part throttle boost situations . Either that, or run closed loop at stoich under boost
    i'm looking into it, i am seeing the throttle issue and hopefully will solve it
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    My maggie for my jeep arrives on monday with some hypertech programer crap with it, please hurry.

Potential Tuner

Name Change

Will NGC3 have EGS52 support?

Please refrain from using my Name. It is currently trademarked and I would appreciate your understanding in the matter
    Thanks
    A.J. Berge

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Either that, or run closed loop at stoich under boost
    ford turbo 6's run up to 5psi boost at stoich in the factory tune, dosent seem to hurt them at all..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    ford turbo 6's run up to 5psi boost at stoich in the factory tune, dosent seem to hurt them at all..
    Sure, most late model engines will run at closed loop under high load conditions for a while, but there is logic in the controller that will at some point richen the mixture based on temperature limits of the exhaust, catalyst, and other components. Manufactures carefully test engine packages to know what these limits are, and run at these limits to reduce emissions and maximize fuel economy.Certain VW/Audi cars I've worked on use physical egts to measure and adjust fueling rather than calculating the temps . When you install a turbo or supercharger on a car that was never calibrated for forced induction in the first place, the temperature models that were set up by the manufacture are no longer accurate, and likely will not take into account the additional heat load. If there was an effective way to calibrate the exhaust/catalyst enrichment tables for us in the aftermarket, then I suppose that could be a reasonable solution to get power enrichment without going to wot. I don't except the idea that just because we see factory cars running closed loop under certain high load situations, for limited amounts of time, that it's ok for us to run closed loop boost.

- Chris

Tuner in Training
    Is it possible to tune NGC3 computers with HP tuners if you want to use the beta software?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 94SS View Post
    Is it possible to tune NGC3 computers with HP tuners if you want to use the beta software?
    Not currently, the hardware firmware update isn't automated yet. Without the new firmware you won't be able to read or write to them.