Thread: Problems Tuning. First time user :(

Potential Tuner

Problems Tuning. First time user :(

Hi guys,

I am having a major problem trying to tune my car.
    I am from Australia, my car is a 05 Holden SS Commodore 5.7 LS1 (4 Speed Automatic). The car ihas stock motor, stock throttle body, stock gearbox

Mods on the car is it has headers and full exhaust and I have purchased and installed a CAPA Vortech Supercharger Kit + Intercooler.

Please see link below it is the $7895.00 Kit.

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_vz_v8.htm

The problem I am having and it is a weird one is the car is running way too Rich (Under 10:1 AFR's). And whatever I adjust in the VE Table it coninues to Run Rich. No response!

I am not sure if it is tune related or not. I am worried I might not have setup something correctly in the tune settings. I have attached the tune in here to see if anyone can see something wrong with my settings.

I have been tuning the car on a mainline dyno. The weirdest thing is on full throttle in 2nd gear on the dyno it is running 12:1 AFR's which is good but once it changes to 3rd gear it goes to 10:1 AFR's (Extremely Rich) and whatever I adjust in the VE there is no response and it continues to run 10:1 AFR Flat line.

If anyone is able to review the tune and see if there is something I have done wrong. It is my first time and any help will be greatly appreciated.

This tune has not been set up correctly. They are commanding up to 50% PE. The correct way is to set it up as a 2, 2.5, or 3 bar tune. They are trying to use a tune for NA on boost. Your VE table only goes to 105, a two bar table goes to twice that. This is PE madness. Upgrade the tune, start over on the VE, and go from there.

Stop making changes for now to the VE, look at your table in 3D mode on full screen, see the dip you did around 2800 rpm, your goona end up lean if you keep doing what your doing. Go back to how it was given to you for safety reasons til you get the right OS.

G/L
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gn2beatu View Post
    This tune has not been set up correctly. They are commanding up to 50% PE. The correct way is to set it up as a 2, 2.5, or 3 bar tune. They are trying to use a tune for NA on boost. Your VE table only goes to 105, a two bar table goes to twice that. This is PE madness. Upgrade the tune, start over on the VE, and go from there.

Stop making changes for now to the VE, look at your table in 3D mode on full screen, see the dip you did around 2800 rpm, your goona end up lean if you keep doing what your doing. Go back to how it was given to you for safety reasons til you get the right OS.

G/L
    Thanks for the response much appreciated. This was the initial tune given to me from CAPA before I started tuning it. Can you please review it and let me know if this looks better than my tune. If it is I will load up this map until I get it sorted. Many Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.