Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!!!Cant build up on spin tires over in my c5 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 4horseman View Post
    Pharestutt you have your fans continually running? Fan on should be higher than fan off, also I noticed since you changed to a new MAF you developed a small amount of knock retard, not much about 4 degrees but thats about 8 HP when the PCM backs the timing off. Either add more fuel in the power enrich section or back the timing off in the main spark advance table. Knock retard passes 4 degrees around 3600 rpm with a MAP of 98 on your last log at WOT.
    Im glad you caught that thanks and can i use a diff from a manual with a 3.42 in my a4

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you can. Bolts right in.

Advanced Tuner
    Reduce the timing a couple of degrees in the table prior to the cell it sees knock.

Quote Originally Posted by pharestutt View Post
    ok i will try to test it out and post a log of me power braking what can i do for that knock retard just reduce timing in those areas
    Back off timing in those cells or add fuel. It really isnt major but if you want to fine tune it that will work.

Im glad you caught that thanks and can i use a diff from a manual with a 3.42 in my a4
    Oh yes you sure can. I did. Get the 3 rib case its stronger even though it probably wouldn't matter much for an automatic. Follow the link I sent you about rebuilding the differential with c6 zo6 shafts and clutches.I followed it exactly and had no problems whatsoever.If you go to the higher gear like 3.73 or 3.90 you better have a good mechanic who knows how to set the shims/ and back lash. Very tough to do without kent moore tools etc. The 3.42 gear is a good all around for the 4l60e if paired with a good converter. Havent heard of any c6 zo6 shafts breaking at the track and much cheaper than 300m/700r4 input shafts. I promise you if you change the gears and add a torque converter minimum 2600rpm to 3200 rpm you will be very suprised by the feel of the car. If you want to keep drive ability stay in this rpm range. Anything more feels loose and I suppose thats ok for track work but is annoying in street situations to just cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Post a scan when brake torquing the car to see if the throttle is going to 100%. As there is no reason to change the ETC TPS MAX table to 100% as it is 0 stock. Also on some vehicles, when you set the MAX TORQUE to 640 ft lbs, the pcm can limit the throttle opening. So I would set it back to 450 ft lbs.

Russ Kemp
    Its going to 100 % and I tried keeping the brake switch depressed still no luck

Its going to 100 % and I tried keeping the brake switch depressed still no luck
    Did you return the ETC TPS Max table to stock? Every C5 Corvette A4 with 3.15 gears that I've tuned will spin the tires when brake torqueing.

Russ Kemp

Not yet

Advanced Tuner
    Under TPS Sensor max Calc Airflow-P1514/P0068 Error, then set PO121Error Max Map to 100 and PO121 Error Min Map to 0

Quote Originally Posted by C5 2000 View Post
    Under TPS Sensor max Calc Airflow-P1514/P0068 Error, then set PO121Error Max Map to 100 and PO121 Error Min Map to 0
    What does this do

What does this do
    Nothing to solve your issue.
    I swear you're still lean on power braking. It seems the second your car moves, your fueling picks up. I would consider going into SD mode and adjusting the fueling and then MAF only, doing the same.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Nothing to solve your issue.
    I swear you're still lean on power braking. It seems the second your car moves, your fueling picks up. I would consider going into SD mode and adjusting the fueling and then MAF only, doing the same.
    How to go about doing this I've tuned maf and ve

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Did you return the ETC TPS Max table to stock? Every C5 Corvette A4 with 3.15 gears that I've tuned will spin the tires when brake torqueing.

Russ Kemp
    i returned it to 0 here is the log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Take this tune and copy the primary and secondary VE tables over to your latest tune and flash it in.
    On your scanner table, remove coolant temp, IAT, Fuel trim cell

Add Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res and Mass air flow frequency (Hz) and get another log like the last one you just did so we can bump the MAF if needed.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Take this tune and copy the primary and secondary VE tables over to your latest tune and flash it in.
    On your scanner table, remove coolant temp, IAT, Fuel trim cell

Add Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res and Mass air flow frequency (Hz) and get another log like the last one you just did so we can bump the MAF if needed.
    here the log and i noticed another thing when i was playing around with it if it spins when i launch it doesnt cut power but if i hook it does it

Last edited by pharestutt; 07-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.

more changes to try attached#2 and then #3

more changes to try attached#2 and then #3
    no luck

Well, for the first time, I'm seeing the 02's respond, no longer showing it's dead lean. Not sure why it's not making enough jam to spin the tires now, but it's moved in the right direction.

here the log and i noticed another thing when i was playing around with it if it spins when i launch it doesnt cut power but if i hook it does it

Hi pharestutt! Hey I noticed that Your etc limits are still at 100. Go into "engine" then torque management" and right in the middle it says ETC Limits. Set that to all zeroes like Russ says. Also set on the far left on same page max torque back to 350. Unless you already have done so because the hpt files that blownbluezo6 has sent still has it. PS I still think if you want to spin your tires like crazy you need higher gears....... why do you want to power break and tear up your rear brakes? You could just get a line lock at jegs for that at least wont tear up rear brakes down the road. Again with higher gears its spin on demand!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4horseman View Post
    Hi pharestutt! Hey I noticed that Your etc limits are still at 100. Go into "engine" then torque management" and right in the middle it says ETC Limits. Set that to all zeroes like Russ says. Also set on the far left on same page max torque back to 350. Unless you already have done so because the hpt files that blownbluezo6 has sent still has it. PS I still think if you want to spin your tires like crazy you need higher gears....... why do you want to power break and tear up your rear brakes? You could just get a line lock at jegs for that at least wont tear up rear brakes down the road. Again with higher gears its spin on demand!!
    I will change it to 0 in his tunes and my main problem is my car dying when I launch if I launch it and it hooks it dies but if I spin when it launches it will light em up no power loss