Thread: LBZ Scanning Issues

Tuner in Training

LBZ Scanning Issues

I just downloaded Version 2.2 with the hope of doing a little tuning on my buddy's 06 2500HD 6.6 Diesel. When I tried to scan his truck, the scanner showed that many of the diesel PIDs were "not supported." Many of the PIDs that are supported do not appear to be showing correct values (TPS at 100% all the time, MAP pressure remains at 0 all the time and the turbo vane position remains at 0%). Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Thanks for the help,
    Kevin
    2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
    1999 Z28 M6

Did you remove all of the unsupposted pids? Then you go & add the pid or sensor in & you should be good to go. I did find some of pid do not work, but I know the MAP does work on my truck.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    Did you remove all of the unsupposted pids? Then you go & add the pid or sensor in & you should be good to go. I did find some of pid do not work, but I know the MAP does work on my truck.

I will take a look at my later tonight.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

Tuner in Training
    What about Vane Position % and Desired Vane Position % and the other PID's I mentioned above? Do they work on your truck also?

Thanks for the help!
    Kevin
    2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
    1999 Z28 M6

I am now confused. I had not problem with all my scan configs. I hooked up to check scan the wifes car so I just loaded the default. I went back to my saved configed dashboard. Now I have many pids that are now unsupported. I am going out to scan my truck again.

Quote Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN
    I am now confused. I had not problem with all my scan configs. I hooked up to check scan the wifes car so I just loaded the default. I went back to my saved configed dashboard. Now I have many pids that are now unsupported. I am going out to scan my truck again.

Okay update. I just had to hook up to the truck & scan again & all my pid's came back & worked. Here what worked for me so far.

For my dashboard gauges:

MAF, MAP, EGT, ECT, IAT, SPEED, RPM, FP DES PSI, TRAN OIL TMP, BF CYL1 THRU BF CYL8, & MAIN INJT. These all work on mine & are my defaults.

I have had a problem with the raw, vane pos des, fuel temp fp cme dc% to come up. These might just be my settings.

I know the chart display does show the voltage & the turbo vane position that the gauges do not show.

I need to put some more time into the histogram part, but the gauges are so nice to read & are so easy to customise.

Responded with a suggestion in your other thread on the same issue HERE.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by LS1PoweredZ28
    I just downloaded Version 2.2 with the hope of doing a little tuning on my buddy's 06 2500HD 6.6 Diesel. When I tried to scan his truck, the scanner showed that many of the diesel PIDs were "not supported." Many of the PIDs that are supported do not appear to be showing correct values (TPS at 100% all the time, MAP pressure remains at 0 all the time and the turbo vane position remains at 0%). Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Thanks for the help,
    Kevin

Did you rescan it & did it work this time?