Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodge Progress

Dodge Progress

Guys,

About time for an update

As you know we have been working hard to add support for the NGC3 ECM used in the late 2004, 2005, 2006 etc. Hemi. So far we are able to read & write the ECM, open, validate and save a file. Calibration definition development is moving along. We are also working on basic scanner support.

So far things are looking good with only some minor firmware changes required on the MPVI.

For those trivia buffs out there, this brings the total number of different controllers that VCM Suite supports to 36

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Wow! That's good news. I'm sure alot of people will be glad to hear that.

Jaime

Caliber SRT-4?

Senior Tuner
    He's already said in a previous post what the first supported VCM will be.
    Jaime

Any progress on JTEC Support? Or are there no plans to support them any time soon?
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

I know this, I am asking when they think theyll start cracking into the new caliber srt-4.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I wouldn't expect any breaking news on those pcm's or any others, for that matter, until we are confident with our initial release & follow up. We would like to at least get Dodge stuff on the market and tested properly before we try and rule the world. From what I'm hearing the other dodge products on the market aren't all that good & from what I've been told appear to have been rushed to market. This is not what we want to do nor would our customers want to see this.

Also these pcm's take a while to work on from the initial stages all the way through to mapping their operating systems, so even if we started today on these caliber pcm's it wouldn't be until 5 or 6 months from now until we could release anything for them and quite honestly we haven't looked into them at all at this point.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-21-2008 at 03:28 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

As Bill said once we get the inital release of NGC3 to a point of happiness adding extra vehicle types for NGC3 will be relatively easy as they all seem to share a common code base although Dodge doesn't have a friendly calibration ID system as GM that seperately identifies OS and calibration revisions.

We have already done a lot of work for JTEC (the first Dodge PCM we read was a JTEC) and that will come in time. Keith owns a Viper so he is pushing for it as well

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Nice...my SRT buddy has been bugging me for months now.

Is there any way someone can take a picture of the NSRT4s plug in spot? I am curious to see if mine is the same.

Tuner
    This is really great news, tuning with proper logging, histograms, and graphical editing !

I can hardly wait

nice so is there a beta or something I can try to read on my friends sRT, I literally have @60 cars waiting for this.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by black06g85
    nice so is there a beta or something I can try to read on my friends sRT, I literally have @60 cars waiting for this.
    We are going to do some more internal testing as well as mapping out as many definitions as possible before hand so when we release the reading/write beta we won't get hit with as many definition failed to load errors.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13
    Is there any way someone can take a picture of the NSRT4s plug in spot? I am curious to see if mine is the same.
    They all use the same plug now. If it's a newer car, it's ODB-2 plain and simple.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    They all use the same plug now. If it's a newer car, it's ODB-2 plain and simple.
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the plugs on the pcm, not the obd2 port.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    It's way different, the Neon SRT4 has four connectors with three of the four populated with pins, looks just like any other NGC type engine controller. The Siemens controller that is used in the Caliber has two connectors on the edge, and looks like it came out of a european car.

- Chris

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the plugs on the pcm, not the obd2 port.

That makes sense, even GM uses different PCM pin connectors every other year or so or even between models of the same year, even though they use the same ODB2 connector for the diag/scanner interface.

Tuner in Training
    finally fa n ta stici n f oooooooooooo...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    We are going to do some more internal testing as well as mapping out as many definitions as possible before hand so when we release the reading/write beta we won't get hit with as many definition failed to load errors.
    This is great news Bill.
    I have a 2008 Dodge Superbee eagerly awaiting this release!
    If you need a beta tester, let me know.

I'll be checking back daily now, you got me on the edge!

Potential Tuner
    i just came over here from srtconnection.com.

ever since i bought my car i have been looking into affordable, complete tuning.

Diablo is coming out with a predator, but unless the user takes there car to a CMR tuner, they can't do much at all as far as REAL tuning goes.

looks like the VCM suite is the cream of the crop.

as far as i can tell, the entire Scanner/Suite hooks up via OBDII port which would be an AWESOME advantage to other piggybacks and such.

i'm also guessing with this software, that you would be able to clear trouble codes like the over boost code and stuff?

from what i read, sounds like the pro system would be for me. would be nice to have the software able to log/tune with wideband AFRs. also noticed an autotune option when reading through the RTT section.

i cant wait further information on this setup.. sounds weird, but im VERY excited right now..

~650$ for the pro system, sounds like a great deal to me.