Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: mpvi pro standalone wideband logging

<< another MPVI Pro user who is forced to carry his laptop in the car for datalogging...

From HP Tuners sales: VCM Scanner

MPVI Pro options available with VCM Scanner (Example)
    • Black box data logging (hardware logging without a laptop)
    • Wide band inputs
    • 2 programmable outputs

and

What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
    With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

MPVI Std and MPVI Pro (Enhanced IO) Interface Differences
    Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging for select vehicles of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

If this feature doesn't actually work with the MPVI Pro, would this be false advertising? Just saying...

Has anyone recently purchased HP Tuners MPVI Pro? Were you advised that the wideband O2 datalogging was not functional with stand alone logging as stated on the sales literature?
    Last edited by Chevy406; 04-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Potential Tuner
    It would be good if this feature is made to work. I want to do some more logging and to carry the laptop around is a pain. Is HPT going to comment on this? 500hp and a laptop on the seat is hardly practical!
    With 2.23 beta as STILL the only way to get HPT to work with my LS3 (>1 year on) it seems to me that software development is going very slowly.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy406 View Post
    << another MPVI Pro user who is forced to carry his laptop in the car for datalogging...

From HP Tuners sales: VCM Scanner

MPVI Pro options available with VCM Scanner (Example)
    • Wide band inputs
    • 2 programmable outputs

and

What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
    With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner.
    You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

MPVI Std and MPVI Pro (Enhanced IO) Interface Differences
    Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging for select vehicles of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

If this feature doesn't actually work with the MPVI Pro, would this be false advertising? Just saying...
    Technically no it wouldn't be False advertising because

it does have

and

• you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner.

Just NOT at same time.

Also, they have

• Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging for select vehicles

Which also covers them as for some Vehicles you can STILL use the 2.22 version and not Beta which you can still do both at the same time.

Well thought out response planethax. I'll acknowledge your logic but I still want WBo2 stand-alone datalogging

Advanced Tuner
    Yep. Hate having to lug my laptop around.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    Yep. Hate having to lug my laptop around.
    It is not a matter of lugging around a laptop. Look at my Avatar. That car weighs 1625 LBS and has about 530 HP. It is road raced at speeds over 170 MPH. Sanctioning groups will not let me carry a laptop, nor would I want to have one next to me in the passenger seat. It would just not be acceptable from a safety standpoint. Safety for me, other competitors or the laptop.

Even if it were allowed and even close to "safe", how do you strap it down with the screen open? Or protect the PC from the violent vibrations and G forces applied by the car?

Stand alone data logging of a WBO2 was included, worked and was supported when I purchased HP Tuners long before installing and tuning the GMPP LS376. This continued with early versions of 2.23 beta on my GMPP LS engine until it was temporarily removed, A LONG TIME AGO.

All I am respectfully asking is that they restore this feature. If they are unable or unwilling to do so, just tell us. This does not seem unreasonable to me.

Advanced Tuner
    Agreed.

I purchased it new 12-11 (4 1/2 months ago). The disk that it shipped with had a beta version on it and when I load the config then press record to stand alone tune the error button lights up. That is a bummer I bought the pro version just so I wouldnt have to lug a laptop around. I have an 06 GTO so I dont think I even need the beta version for vehical support. Ugg! They should ship it with the last production release on the disk.

Now if I want it to funciton I have to reload 2.22 then redo my entire tune by copying all the setting over from the beta to the older version and I wont even be able to use the compair feature to help me out because it is not backwards compatable. Am I correct in my assumption here? Also, I assume the EIO outputs for the scanner dont work either right? I wanted to use them to control meth injection if possible.
    2006 GTO M6 T76 Turbo Intercooled

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mefreema View Post
    I purchased it new 12-11 (4 1/2 months ago). The disk that it shipped with had a beta version on it and when I load the config then press record to stand alone tune the error button lights up. That is a bummer I bought the pro version just so I wouldnt have to lug a laptop around. I have an 06 GTO so I dont think I even need the beta version for vehical support. Ugg! They should ship it with the last production release on the disk.

Now if I want it to funciton I have to reload 2.22 then redo my entire tune by copying all the setting over from the beta to the older version and I wont even be able to use the compair feature to help me out because it is not backwards compatable. Am I correct in my assumption here? Also, I assume the EIO outputs for the scanner dont work either right? I wanted to use them to control meth injection if possible.
    The standalone should work with the beta release. Only the EIO outputs won't.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Yeah if you don't care about logging AFR. Kinda pointless then...

I am running version 2.23.207 beta. I loaded the config to the device but when I log the error light goes on. I did have them email the latest beta which is from 3-1-12. If I load the latest beta I will get stand alone logging working agian?

Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    Oh...... no afr. Ya that is pointless. Oh well. Guess I better get thinking about backing off to ver 2.22 then. If I load 2.22 on another laptop then load my config from that computer to the mpvi pro will it scan then or does the tune and scan config need to match?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    Not arguing that.I log with my laptop for that reason. I was just addressing the post which said he can't log at all.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Not arguing that.I log with my laptop for that reason. I was just addressing the post which said he can't log at all.
    I spoke with support (Bill) and he got me all caught up on what works and what does not. I guess my interface is too new so I can't run 2.22. So I loaded up the latest beta. I have yet to test logging but I "should" work now. None of the EIO's will work stand alone. I know the EIO inputs work when loggin with a laptop but will the EIO outputs work too when logging with a laptop? If know body knows I will just ask Bill.

Senior Tuner
    they work with laptop logging

Quote Originally Posted by mefreema View Post
    I spoke with support (Bill) and he got me all caught up on what works and what does not. I guess my interface is too new so I can't run 2.22. So I loaded up the latest beta. I have yet to test logging but I "should" work now. None of the EIO's will work stand alone. I know the EIO inputs work when loggin with a laptop but will the EIO outputs work too when logging with a laptop? If know body knows I will just ask Bill.
    Last edited by planethax; 04-20-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    But the problem is lot of us need the stand alone logging they advertised when we bought our units. Many many many tracks will not allow a laptop in the car during a run.

Advanced Tuner
    my laptop still logs with the lid closed. its all in the power settings.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy406 View Post

its definitely some bullshit especially when it used to work then they took it away from us. I'd consider it false advertising now when people are paying extra for the pro version and its shipping with the beta software taking this function away from people and support seems to have no intentions of bringing it back...and then beta version or not have have to have the beta version to read a lot of files now so your screwed either way
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

The following reply was posted on Sat, Apr 21, 2012 8:57:37 PM Central Time. It mysteriously disappeared along with my reply saying thanks for the answer/response. I've waited patiently for an update or corrected response but been disappointed. Come on HPT. Just tell us the truth about your plan or lack thereof about this issue.

"Ken@HPTuners has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - mpvi pro standalone wideband logging - in the VCM Suite Enhanced IO forum of HP Tuners Bulletin Board.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by SargeZ06)---
    But the problem is lot of us need the stand alone logging they advertised when we bought our units. Many many many tracks will not allow a laptop in the car during a run.
    ---End Quote---
    The manufacturer of the memory chip changed the electronic ID during our last parts purchase and the MPVI firmware does not recognize it and thus will not do stand alone logging. It will be a few weeks before we get done testing and roll out a firmware update.
    "

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I deleted it on purpose because Ken was referring to something COMPLETELY different so rather than confusing the crap out of people I just deleted the two posts involved. I have pm's turned off which is the reason no pm's were sent out regarding it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"