Thread: ETC scalar for RWTD

Arrow ETC scalar for RWTD

Sir, I'm in process to install a NW 102 on the C6Z06 2006 for my friends Rehaume. I have follow many of you'r post about this subject.

If i'm correct , I should just change the ETC area scalar to 7190 into the tune and all would be ok , or some others adjustment are needed to the base running airflow ???

Thank you, much appreciate.

Sebastien
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Advanced Tuner
    Might be worth while installing it with that value and trying it out. might take time to get a reply and most likely, anyway, you will have to fine tune it with other tables. I waiting to get back from a long trip to install mine on my Stroked 06Z.

This is what I read from Hinson Supercars

Nick Williams TB Modifications -

DTC 121 - Increase minimum temp for test on - Engine Diag, General, Temp Enable, Set to 256

DTC 2119 - Disable

DTC 0068 - Disable via higher RPM for test

ECU TP% output will be between 85-88%. First C6 Auto install we did showed 85%.

ETC Scaler is normally set at 4725. Increase this to max of 7800 or higher.

Idle RPM -

If the idle is high, go up on ETC.

If the idle is low, go down on the minimum airflow table.
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

Advanced Tuner
    If idle is low, wouldnt it be better to reduce from the 7800 ETC? Do we need to work the min airflow table for smoothing the transition side of it or that would be handled by the Maf?

Quote Originally Posted by angrygoat View Post
    This is what I read from Hinson Supercars

Nick Williams TB Modifications -

DTC 121 - Increase minimum temp for test on - Engine Diag, General, Temp Enable, Set to 256

DTC 2119 - Disable

DTC 0068 - Disable via higher RPM for test

ECU TP% output will be between 85-88%. First C6 Auto install we did showed 85%.

ETC Scaler is normally set at 4725. Increase this to max of 7800 or higher.

Idle RPM -

If the idle is high, go up on ETC.

If the idle is low, go down on the minimum airflow table.

Senior Tuner
    The DTC 121 test is generally disabled on vehicles with aftermarket cams anyway. Since we do not have full access to the test parameter for modification, that's generally the only option you have to prevent DTCs and errors.

Also, you should NOT have to disable the other 2 DTCs that were listed. Also, as you stated in your post, try the setting I told you, and go from there. I've had zero issues on the vehicles I've used that on. It's also nearly the same value that Greg Banish did a quick figure on.

If you input the right value, everything else should fall inline, and there really shouldn't be any additional changes needed.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    The DTC 121 test is generally disabled on vehicles with aftermarket cams anyway. Since we do not have full access to the test parameter for modification, that's generally the only option you have to prevent DTCs and errors.

Also, you should NOT have to disable the other 2 DTCs that were listed. Also, as you stated in your post, try the setting I told you, and go from there. I've had zero issues on the vehicles I've used that on. It's also nearly the same value that Greg Banish did a quick figure on.

If you input the right value, everything else should fall inline, and there really shouldn't be any additional changes needed.

Thank you Sir, I will start from there and if I've got some issues I will contact you.

Later,
    Sébastien
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Here is the update : I have inpute 7190 and 7380 for the scalar, the probleme is that when you shift around 2500 -3000 the throttle hang much than the stock one. Neutral do the same things when you rev the engine.

I 'll go forward and change th base running airflow table by 10-15 % in some rpm , ah !!!! very good , the throttle have the same feeling than the stock 90.

LAter,
    Sébastien
    '08 Black Z06

Senior Tuner
    Cool! Yes, adjust the base running airflow tables and see how it works out for you.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Cool! Yes, adjust the base running airflow tables and see how it works out for you.
    James,

You must have gotten fed up with people IM'ng you for help and advice, sorry about that.

Advanced Tuner

Great help

Quote Originally Posted by Sébast19X View Post
    Here is the update : I have inpute 7190 and 7380 for the scalar, the probleme is that when you shift around 2500 -3000 the throttle hang much than the stock one. Neutral do the same things when you rev the engine.

I 'll go forward and change th base running airflow table by 10-15 % in some rpm , ah !!!! very good , the throttle have the same feeling than the stock 90.

LAter,
    Sébastien

Sebastien

Thanks for your IM on CF in regards to the 102 issue. I think you got it right. Again, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Sebastien

Thanks for your IM on CF in regards to the 102 issue. I think you got it right. Again, thanks for sharing.
    '08 Black Z06