Thread: How to fix the 88% throttle problem?

Potential Tuner

How to fix the 88% throttle problem?

I've read in the faq that I need to log the ETC to get it to return to normal but I am using HPT on a 05 cavalier with a throttle cable... Is there anything I can do or am I just missing something because I'm a no0b

i wasnt aware there are 05 cavies. thought that was the american revolution year. normal wot etc is around 88% so i am very confused about your question. and your car.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotjamedjimi
    i wasnt aware there are 05 cavies. thought that was the american revolution year. normal wot etc is around 88% so i am very confused about your question. and your car.
    It was manufactured 8/04 and the title/doorjamb say its an 05. I understand that HP interpets WOT to be 5 volts and GM made WOT 4.39 volts which makes HPT think it is only seeing 88% TB.. I'm wondering if its possible to fix the problem and I'm not sure where to start because my car has the cable throttle setup instead of the newer Drive by wiresystem..

Try logging the other Throttle position...not SAE or whatever...or...maybe i got it backwards...I think thats the fix for it. Mine always reads 100%.

Try logging ETC Pedal postion.