Thread: Negative Spark

Negative Spark

When having a negative spark advance while scanning what dose it means? Provided that my VE table is fine and the low octane table pretty much stock (Running SD mode)?This happened in part throttle.

Is that a tuning or mechanical problem?

Any suggestions.

Advanced Tuner
    it means that timing is set to fire ATDC (after top dead cente). this is when the piston is traveling down the cylinder
    Check that your not commanding negative timing is you hi/low spark tables, if not then look at your adder tables (IAT, AFR etc) these may be taking away your timing
    Also check that your not getting knock when your getting negative timing cause knock will also pull timing
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

post a tune and scan.....................
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

negative timing can be very normal on a cammed car at anything below 2500rpm and upper side of the cylinder air in the spark table
    -Scott -

Thanx guys but I solve the problem my stock timing table was from 0 to 10 in the area am having the negative timing in so I change it to 15 and above and WALLA the problem solved .