Thread: Post tunes and logs with questions if you want your thread to stay

Post tunes and logs with questions if you want your thread to stay

Lately there have been tons of posts with no information. No one seems to read the stickies. If you post having questions about your tune or something you saw in a log, please post that log and your tune. Otherwise we are shooting in the dark.

Of course general questions may not need this, but if you are asking about fueling, knock or something of the like, you need to attach proper information. Generally, we just ask for this to be posted. It seems every time I come on here I am posting the same thing over and over and the forum is getting clogged with uninformative posts.

I know we have all posted to ask for help while we work on getting a log over from another computer, as I have done that in the past. In the future, please have your file ready to post, at the time you are making the post.

If you would like to keep your thread from being deleted, please, read the stickies and post all proper information. Otherwise, your post is useless to anyone trying to find information, including yourself.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    First I am new to HP Tuners
    we have an LS swap with a 2002 Tahoe engine, 2000 Camaro intake, with a 4L60e.in a Jaguar XJS 1988
    car starts and runs and idles and shifts
    we are on the dyno
    I created an AFR error graph and it works,
    however, when I paste the changes to the primary VE table, the changes have no effect.
    I can not fail the MAF because there is no frequency failure PID.
    if I unplug the MAF, the changes still do not affect the AFR. 5 wire MAF
    this is because, when the MAF is unplugged, it reverts to the secondary VE table.
    I can make the changes there and tune the car fine,
    I created another clone of the AFR error graph for the secondary table with the new rows.
    so, I am confused, it is something simple. but for the life of me, I can not figure out the correct setup to start this process.
    in other words, I have not set up the tune for tuning correctly to date.
    attached is the log of me trying to gather some cells and the tune where I made some changes to the primary and secondary as well as changes to cause the long and short-term trims to disable as well as trying to fail the MAF
    attached is also the tune before I did thisdisablestuff-3.hpttune0001hpt.hptxjs001d.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    here is a log and the graphs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for bumping this to the top as it's sorely needed these days, but, is this really, REALLY the thread you think is best to post your question in? srsly?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Thank you for bumping this to the top as it's sorely needed these days, but, is this really, REALLY the thread you think is best to post your question in? srsly?
    oops
    I'm new to forums as well,
    I will find the correct area and try again

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleTech View Post
    First I am new to HP Tuners
    we have an LS swap with a 2002 Tahoe engine, 2000 Camaro intake, with a 4L60e.in a Jaguar XJS 1988
    car starts and runs and idles and shifts
    we are on the dyno
    I created an AFR error graph and it works,
    however, when I paste the changes to the primary VE table, the changes have no effect.
    I can not fail the MAF because there is no frequency failure PID.
    if I unplug the MAF, the changes still do not affect the AFR. 5 wire MAF
    this is because, when the MAF is unplugged, it reverts to the secondary VE table.
    I can make the changes there and tune the car fine,
    I created another clone of the AFR error graph for the secondary table with the new rows.
    so, I am confused, it is something simple. but for the life of me, I can not figure out the correct setup to start this process.
    in other words, I have not set up the tune for tuning correctly to date.
    attached is the log of me trying to gather some cells and the tune where I made some changes to the primary and secondary as well as changes to cause the long and short-term trims to disable as well as trying to fail the MAF
    attached is also the tune before I did thisdisablestuff-3.hpttune0001hpt.hptxjs001d.Channels.xml
    The MAF freq fail is under the Engine Diag/Airflow tab. When i view your tune, it's set at 14000 Hz. If you can't see it, then click on Edit>View and Advanced view and try again.

You have also updated your PCMs OS to the 1 Bar MAF version. if you have your original tune file, you can start over by updating it to the 1 bar SD version. That would eliminate the secondary volumetric efficiency table.