Thread: My car won't start!

Tuner in Training

My car won't start!

Sorry this isn't 100% tuning related but it does have to do with the PCM and I know you all know alot about that.

Ok, so after installing my wideband my car won't start anymore....

It cranks but won't start, pretty sure its not getting fuel either as I don't hear the fuel pump turning on when I turn the key on.

HPTuners can't find the computer either. I did remove the computer and reinstall it to get to the firewall grommet.

Is it possible I put the PCM back in upside down and plugged the harnesses back into the wrong place? Is the blue harness supposed to be on the top or the bottom?

Otherwise is there a way to test whether I fried the computer or not ?

Tuner
    Unplug the pcm and replug it
    see what happens then check all the fuses

sounds like what happens when you fry the computer
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    I've already unplugged it and plugged it back in several times and checked the PCM bat. and PCM IGN. fuses are there any other fuses for the PCM?

I really hope I didn't fry it

Tuner in Training
    Well my car just started!!

Its exactly what I said it was, the PCM was in upside down allowing the connectors to be plugged into the wrong place.

Maybe its just a 98 but the harness connectors are keyed exactly opposite of each other meaning if the PCM is in the wrong way they will still plug into the wrong spot.

It is possible to put the PCM in the bracket both ways for a 98 at least.

The moral of this story is, leave the f*cking PCM IN THE BRACKET!! I found its actually pretty easy to get in and out if you just disconnect the passengers side hood strut and move all the wires out of the way.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Glad you got it fixed!
    2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert