Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Training Class

where in new york is the class?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette
    Can you send me information about the NEW YORK class ?

Im on board with that
    Me to please

Bud

Good to hear you guys are finally getting your hands on a copy of the book. I've been anticipating this day for a long time now.

RE: the NY class... I had originally scheduled the class for last weekend (4/14-4/15) but we cancelled it due to lack of registration. I had plenty of people post about being interested, but too few actually register and pay. So few in fact that it no longer made financial sense to host that particular class after I covered my costs and gave up an entire weekend to do it. This is the first time I've had to do this and certainly don't want to repeat the experience since I feel like we let down the few who actually ponied up to attend. The bottom line is: I really like doing these classes and meeting the tuners across the country, but I can't afford to lose money at it.

I am working with the guys who were lined up to attend the NY class to schedule a replacement class in mid-May. This will only happen if my costs are covered. It's not a big deal as long as we have normal attendance. Otherwise, I will treat it as one of my on-site exercises where the client directly covers my travel costs. Basically, the more people paid to learn, the less it costs. I don't do big, impersonal classes with 20-30 students, so I need to keep things reasonable for everyone. Lots of people tend to say they're interested until it's time to sign up and pay. It's the people who commit to registration that make this happen.

RE: the LA class... I still plan on doing one this year. I'm pretty close to announcing a time/location, but the same caveat applies about attendence.

This thread is getting pretty long, so perhaps it's time to start a few new ones. Would you guys prefer one thread for questions about a particular class date/weekend? I can still maintain another general thread about the class' content for those looking for other info/feedback.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    Good to hear you guys are finally getting your hands on a copy of the book. I've been anticipating this day for a long time now.

RE: the NY class... I had originally scheduled the class for last weekend (4/14-4/15) but we cancelled it due to lack of registration. I had plenty of people post about being interested, but too few actually register and pay. So few in fact that it no longer made financial sense to host that particular class after I covered my costs and gave up an entire weekend to do it. This is the first time I've had to do this and certainly don't want to repeat the experience since I feel like we let down the few who actually ponied up to attend. The bottom line is: I really like doing these classes and meeting the tuners across the country, but I can't afford to lose money at it.

I am working with the guys who were lined up to attend the NY class to schedule a replacement class in mid-May. This will only happen if my costs are covered. It's not a big deal as long as we have normal attendance. Otherwise, I will treat it as one of my on-site exercises where the client directly covers my travel costs. Basically, the more people paid to learn, the less it costs. I don't do big, impersonal classes with 20-30 students, so I need to keep things reasonable for everyone. Lots of people tend to say they're interested until it's time to sign up and pay. It's the people who commit to registration that make this happen.

RE: the LA class... I still plan on doing one this year. I'm pretty close to announcing a time/location, but the same caveat applies about attendence.

This thread is getting pretty long, so perhaps it's time to start a few new ones. Would you guys prefer one thread for questions about a particular class date/weekend? I can still maintain another general thread about the class' content for those looking for other info/feedback.
    I would like to know how much the class costs. I would also like to know if I would learn how to substitute in car WB street/track tuning for dyno tuning as I am "Not a Tuner" with a dyno.

Also, I hope to start reading your book in the next couple of nites. Will you answer questions regarding the contents......maybe in another thread. That would be very instructive I would think.

Thanks

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Class pricing hasn't changed. It is still $550/student, prepaid.

You don't need a dyno to tune. It just makes certain parts of the calibration procedure MUCH easier and safer. I just tuned a supercharged Mustang a couple nights ago on the backroads of northern Michigan where there wasn't a dyno within 50 miles.

Feel free to start a new thread to ask specific tuning questions. That's what this board is here for!

I just received your book a couple of days ago and although I have just got started on it, I have really enjoyed the reading and your explanations in there.

Potential Tuner
    For those attending or considering the class in Lexington at SR Racing, here is a llink for hotel info.
    http://lexington.choicehotels.com/

Here are a couple maps showing our location a little better.
    http://sracing.com/Location.htm

We are on the NW side of Lexington, KY with easy access to I-75 and I-64.
    Seats are still available for the class.

Jim
    SR Racing
    RaceCarSupply.com

I believe we have resurrected the Long Island, NY training class. It will most likely be held on May 19-20. Those of you who are serious about attending need to send me an email with your contact info (full name, address, phone) ASAP to be a part of this class. You can also contact Anthony Pedota at Elite Foreign & Domestic Auto (631-473-2102) if you have questions about time and location.

Potential Tuner
    Anything planned in the Southeast, say Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC, or Orlando, FL? I am interested in late Summer or Early Fall timing.

Senior Tuner
    Your book is now in CANADA!!!

Got it yesterday.........thank's for the work and the tips!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardboy
    Anything planned in the Southeast, say Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC, or Orlando, FL? I am interested in late Summer or Early Fall timing.
    The June 23-24 Lexington KY class isn't too far from you.

Jim
    SR Racing

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    As shown on my website, there will be a class in Orlando this December right before the PRI trade show.
    i'll have to remember this.

Advanced Tuner
    I just ordered your book from Wal-mart.com I can't wait!

Greg,

I have a few questions when you get a chance.

What is the status of the HP Tuner book you were working on?

Can you provide me a collective list of reading material (apart from this wonderful forum) for new tuners.

Also, as pain staking as this may be, can you email me with the responses - [email protected]

I look forward to purchasing your book(s).

Tuner in Training

Hosting

I would be pleased to host a Phila. class if people are interested.

E-mail me if you have interest.

I attended Greg's class at Mustang Dynp facilities last year and it was the best investment made.

We have a Mustang 1100 SE and room for enough people to cover Greg's fees.

Michael
    Michael Rauscher
    L&M Engines
    246 E. County Line Rd
    Hatboro, PA 19040
    215-675-8485

Potential Tuner
    I just took this class in NY I have to say for someone who knew nothing about tunning and very little knowledge of the tunning softwere (HP tunners) I feel after the class I will have no problems tunning a vehcle .

I just installed my WB and will start tunnig my car next week .

This class was very informitive and the book answers any questions you may have after I highly recomend it

Quote Originally Posted by TOS98S
    This class was very informitive and the book answers any questions you may have after I highly recomend it

The engine management book or the HP tuner book he was working on?

Is there a place to see a schedule of when and where these classes will be held?

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by valdeztke
    Greg,

I have a few questions when you get a chance.

What is the status of the HP Tuner book you were working on?

Can you provide me a collective list of reading material (apart from this wonderful forum) for new tuners.

Also, as pain staking as this may be, can you email me with the responses - [email protected]

I look forward to purchasing your book(s).

greg is making a book soley on hp tuners i didnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by moneyisevil
    greg is making a book soley on hp tuners i didnt know that

I thought at the beginning of this thread or another thread I read that - can anyone else confirm this?