Thread: WB02 Where to connect???

WB02 Where to connect???

Hey guys, I just got my PLX WB02 and am lost on how to hook it up. The more I read the more lost I get. Where did you guys splice into for the ECU connnections? Whats the deal with the noise reducer things and how and where do the get hooked up? This is for a 99 Z28 and I am putting this sensor in the sotck front 02 spot and plan to use the NB on it as well.

Thanks
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by domestic rice
    Hey guys, I just got my PLX WB02 and am lost on how to hook it up. The more I read the more lost I get. Where did you guys splice into for the ECU connnections? Whats the deal with the noise reducer things and how and where do the get hooked up? This is for a 99 Z28 and I am putting this sensor in the sotck front 02 spot and plan to use the NB on it as well.

Thanks
    They have a document on their website that shows all the wiring schematics.

Also they are VERY helpful with tech help on the phone......

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

I went to their site, the whole condenser thing is what im not too sure about. How did you get yours hooked up?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by domestic rice
    I went to their site, the whole condenser thing is what im not too sure about. How did you get yours hooked up?
    I decided to have a separate bung installed after this was advised by most of the experienced guys here..........

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

PLX Diagram

Hope this helps
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Quote Originally Posted by flea
    Hope this helps

Now that is about as dumbed down as it can get. That should be made a stickey, even my dog figured out how to hook it up after that!!

You would not have one of those using the NB hook up would ya? Or know the colors to tap at the ecu? If not its is ok I still apprecieate the pic.

Thanks man

I only install mine for tuning. However I have come across several posts for hooking up the wbo2 to also simulate/replace the oem narrowband.

Although it can certainly be done my perception was that you might be better off having a separate bung for a permanent wb install.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Well trying to get this to work as a NB has become a PITA. This is what I just rigged up. Just like you posted Flea, took me allof 10 min to make and didnot cost me any $ (cut the cig lighter plug from an old radar not used). Im going to just run the wire through the door so I can do a few pulls and see how its running. Then pull the wb out and put the nb back in. Thanks for the help guys!

It looks like you got it. Just make sure you don't have the polarity reversed on the plx connections to the cig lighter adapter or you can fry the plx controller (e.g. red power wire to center post of plug and black ground to outer "shield").

Apparently the newest versions already have the wires connected to the plug for connection to the plx controller. Why plx is just now doing this is beyond me. Maybe quite a few people have fried the controller? This was the one really cheap aspect of their product otherwise it's a nice kit.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

If your so inclined take some close up photos of each connection, etc. and pm me. I will redo my hack job "how to" and we should post as a sticky.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Quote Originally Posted by flea
    If your so inclined take some close up photos of each connection, etc. and pm me. I will redo my hack job "how to" and we should post as a sticky.

Truthfully yours is much better. Very simple and clear on what to do. Anyone who buys a cig lighter will have the directions on how to hook that up. Mine did not b/c I cut it off an old power line. To find out what was what, I cut the wire, stripped the ends, plugged it in, and touched my test light to each. What ever one lit up I used as power.

I have read a lot on this install. This hookup didnot look to be that hard, its the NB splice with all the condensors and resistors that has me lost. I will take more pics if I ever find it out.

Thanks again!