Thread: Supercharged 2011 Raptor 6.2 Tuning

Potential Tuner

Supercharged 2011 Raptor 6.2 Tuning

2011 Raptor 6.2 with Procharger D1SC head unit, off brand 60 lbs injectors. Currently dyno tuned on HP Tuners by a local shop, runs ok but I swapped a smaller pulley on making about 3 more psi everywhere, I think about 9-10 psi at redline. No other real mods to speak of, just put on a Ford Racing Catback, also has an external vent catch can although I dislike the smell it emits so may need to route that back in. Replaced some rotting boost hoses and put a fresh set of plugs and wires in. I just purchased a set of FIC 775cc fuel injectors, not installed yet. My main current complaint with the truck is a slight miss at idle, wondering if it's just the crappy injectors. It doesn't throw any codes. I also can't pass local emissions as my rediness monitors won't set so I can't get tested or register it. I'm new to HP Tuners but have worked on many other platforms with standalones and stock ECUs. Mainly older stuff so the torque style tuning and multiple running modes is all new to me. I bought the Coyote Cookbook and have been reading through it to familiarize myself with the ECU strategy.

Goals - Looking for tips and advice in building a safe and fun tune. My goals are to install the new injectors and have a solid 91 octane map that I can daily drive and tow with (race car on an open trailer so maybe 6000 lbs). I'd also like to try and make a flex fuel map as I do have E85 available locally to me at the pump and make some more power for my daily map. I live at 5000 ft of elevation and do climb to get places to race, typically I don't go to sea level but it needs to be safe and reliable everywhere in case I do.

I'll attach the current tune and a long log of cruise, normal driving, and WOT at the end. Let me know if you see anything alarming, I think I saw knock at around 2k rpm but then the ECU seems to pull timing and it goes away so I'll need to smooth that out. It seemed to me like the ECU was running in Economy mode all the time, at least under the VCT schedule, not sure what that's about or if I'm reading it wrong lol.

Guess I'm trying to figure out if I should work off the map in the truck, start with a fresh OEM file, or grab the Roush file from the repository and mod that for my use? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a stock Roush file for you to work off of. You can at least compare what is disabled in the emissions so you can try to get it to pass.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why don't you take it back to the shop that originally tuned it for a retune? I just tuned one of these trucks last week which ran out of fuel injector on the stock ones. I put Ford racing ones in it and fixed the injector data to be spot on again. Change injector data to whatever you purchase and adjust MAF curve for the added airflow. Make sure your PE lambda is where you want it in relation to boost number. The roush stock file is good for emission items as posted above.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the emissions ideas guys! I don't want to go back to the shop that tuned it because they want like $800 each time I take the truck in there for a retune. I figured I could buy the stuff and do it myself for less and also work on my future cars with it.