Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MpvI3 and Jtec+

Advanced Tuner
    yayyy
    Last edited by LilSick; 03-31-2024 at 08:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Just so everyone is clear - you can data log with the Stable build on a V3 so long as you re-poll for parameters after connecting to the ECU and using the configs found on post #35. I have not tried adding my wideband into the mix yet but am hopeful it logs fine. I?m assuming I will have to bounce back and forth between the stable build to datalog the car and then tune/flash the car with the beta build.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ViPER1313 View Post
    Dude you are a legend. The stable version + whatever firmware is on my V3 right now does find and log the channels.
    Not really. I just sent a request into support and after a few weeks they gave us a partial fix on accident.

Hardly anything legendary, maybe worthy of a participation trophy.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Got a good data log. Just to confirm for everyone doing this, to do the flash, I need to use the beta builds correct? Stable still has flash issues with JTEC right ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ViPER1313 View Post
    Got a good data log. Just to confirm for everyone doing this, to do the flash, I need to use the beta builds correct? Stable still has flash issues with JTEC right ?
    I have a 2020 Dodge Challenger and a 03 Dodge Ram with JTEC. My tuner said to always use beta on both vehicles.. stable isn't very much stable... LOL

Tuner in Training
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l JTEC. VCM Scanner works for me after using layout on post 35 and repolling with stable version.

How do you interpret the Spark Advance histogram? I understand the LTFT, mine is -15% so I would try to get that as close to 0 as possible by multiplying the tune fuel table by .90. But if you have a value of 17 in your spark advance, how do you interpret that to change your spark table?

Potential Tuner
    00 Dakota R/T, 5.9L/46RE, JTEC+

MPVI3 and the latest BETA works for writing to my PCM. Used Stable for reading the tune and datalogging no problem. Read the stock tune and all 3 Superchips tunes successfully, then flashed the superchips tune back with the MPVI3.

Does the Superchip tunes change any of the transmission programing?