Thread: Thank you...

Tuner in Training

Thank you...

Just wanted to take a quick minute to thank everyone that contributes to these forums. Not many places online anymore with this much knowledge and USEFUL information available.
    Still working through the finer points/timing on the tune on an L92/swap into an E46 bmw but have it driving great and couldn't have done it without the great information that gets shared here daily.

missing a bunch of folks but shout out to in no particular order:

Ghuggins
    Smokeshow
    Cringer
    Blindsquirrel
    mowton
    BigMike42
    hjtrbo
    Alvin

List goes on....

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, these guys are F***'n awesome here on this forum. I applaud them all as well. They all put some much into this forum, and its greatly appreciated. They may argue with each other at times, but the knowledge all these people behold, is priceless. Their contributions here make this site what it is. If not for them, this site would be dead.

Sadly, Ed Mowton passed away in 2019, but his posts will live on forever.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Edward-Mowton
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

I agree. I would like to give out more good info but these guys always give it out way better than I could ever articulate. I am appreciative of their humbleness as this is some of their way of making money.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Senior Tuner
    thank you..

For me I used to be pretty guarded on what I know. I mean almost all of it came at the expense of fighting some problem here at the shop.

But I am/was involved in another community.. One that has a long history of Chinese companies taking what you work on whether it be a completely private project or an open source one.. Mass produce it and sell it at margins that you couldn't even think about competing with. For example.. most of these 3d printers are running software that was originally a DIY project. A lot of flight controller software/hardware were DIY projects. I'l bet there are far more fake Arduino than authentic ones.. etc.. So I guarded that info really well. But then.. I got a bit too busy dealing with both businesses so I stopped producing this thing. It was some nice serious side money. It was a drone/FPV tracker that let you triple your range / find downed drones. A few years after this was all over I had a realization that the world would have been a tiny bit better if I had published this stuff since I wasn't selling it anyway. The diy community could have ran wild with the project and made improvements I couldn't even dream of. even if it meant a competitor made money selling copies of it. It took a couple years to realize how selfish it was.. and that is why I'm trying to help were I can here.

One day I hope to find the time to write a book or do a video series on how I do this/ what I know.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    thank you..

For me I used to be pretty guarded on what I know. I mean almost all of it came at the expense of fighting some problem here at the shop.

But I am/was involved in another community.. One that has a long history of Chinese companies taking what you work on whether it be a completely private project or an open source one.. Mass produce it and sell it at margins that you couldn't even think about competing with. For example.. most of these 3d printers are running software that was originally a DIY project. A lot of flight controller software/hardware were DIY projects. I'l bet there are far more fake Arduino than authentic ones.. etc.. So I guarded that info really well. But then.. I got a bit too busy dealing with both businesses so I stopped producing this thing. It was some nice serious side money. It was a drone/FPV tracker that let you triple your range / find downed drones. A few years after this was all over I had a realization that the world would have been a tiny bit better if I had published this stuff since I wasn't selling it anyway. The diy community could have ran wild with the project and made improvements I couldn't even dream of. even if it meant a competitor made money selling copies of it. It took a couple years to realize how selfish it was.. and that is why I'm trying to help were I can here.

One day I hope to find the time to write a book or do a video series on how I do this/ what I know.
    i'd like to add my thanks too - tho i'm prob blocked by most people here.

drones are my thing Alvin, build em crash em repair em. can relate to you there but minus trying to develop things. prob came across your info on discord lol - any who - small world. burnouts and inverted yaw spins ftw!