Thread: Anyone figure out the 4.5L whipple tb issues?

Anyone figure out the 4.5L whipple tb issues?

Hey whats up guys ,

little preface to start off , the car is a 2017 hellcat, MMX max effort cam,american racing 2" headers, id1050x, fore triple pump full return system,direct connection redeye demon head kit,arp head studs, 4.5" pulley and it makes 18psi QUICKLY .

The whipple 4.5 is a beast of an sc , Once I figured out the throttle blade was sticking partially open on some of the big oval tb's tuning wasnt too bad, that said there are still issues im battling and my tuner has basically bailed on finishing it, and on top I've actually fixed the limp p12B code on it myself along with the o2 transfer delay for the 2" headers, I get the tuning part since Ive been tuning my own Ls stuff since the 1st dongle hptuners made , However the dodge stuff is very new to me and very expensive to break lol.

Im not sure setting the tb to the oem airflow or the large and small range tables is correct , theres no tb lag but I cant help but think that, that isnt contributing to the issue.

The other problem is upshift/downshift spark reduction on my car is a sawtooth causing the car to buck in the 2-4th gear range, Im not sure if its just that or the tb too.

Its super annoying with a one piece driveshaft, has anyone figured out how to the fix that or is it still another $1200 secret for someone with whipple 4.5L experience?

You're going to have to pay somebody , i know rick tried to help you and we know where that went lol .

I thought Michael was going to fix this for you?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by calgarylsswapper View Post
    I thought Michael was going to fix this for you?

Rick
    Thought so too Rick..apparently not though, it has definitely been lessened but still does it.

Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    You're going to have to pay somebody , i know rick tried to help you and we know where that went lol .
    Yea well...

No offense to Rick at all but it did the exact same thing on his initial tune thats its done the entire time and was the main complaint with it that I told him when we discussed tuning it.

Idk anyone that would wanna push forward and pray after they paid for another tune that it would get fixed,its not like we are all rolling in dough..

I think it'd make more sense to start there and work the rest of the tune after , thats like eating chinese , getting the sh*ts then eating at the same place the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlsxs10 View Post
    Yea well...

No offense to Rick at all but it did the exact same thing on his initial tune thats its done the entire time and was the main complaint with it that I told him when we discussed tuning it.

Idk anyone that would wanna push forward and pray after they paid for another tune that it would get fixed,its not like we are all rolling in dough..

I think it'd make more sense to start there and work the rest of the tune after , thats like eating chinese , getting the sh*ts then eating at the same place the next day.
    well Unfortunately it takes some skills to tune a 4.5 Whipple & most that did tune them aren't going to share what they did with out you paying them as they spent alot of time , i know how its and what it takes to dial in a 4.5. you had alot of options when you made multiple post before i say hire someone and get it done that is familiar with hellcats .