Thread: NGC3 Controller Unlocker Error- Timed out, any help?

Tuner

NGC3 Controller Unlocker Error- Timed out, any help?

Hello, I'm trying to gain access to the pcm in my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. When I do a read entire, I get a message that the controller unlocker has timed out after cycling the igntion for the 3 seconds. In the past, I had made a support ticket and got nowhere. I decided to retry once I replaced the pcm, which had some DTC's for heated o2 system that wouldn't clear(a known problem with the TJ Jeeps). I replaced the PCM today with a brand new one. I tried to do a read entire to the new pcm, and I'm getting the same time out message. I'm able to data log in vcm scanner. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm running version 5.0.4 of vcm editor. Thanks
    2006 Silverado RCSB, Cammed, D1X, 5.3L, TBSS Intake, FIC 1650cc Injectors, E85, 1 7/8" LT headers/4L80e swap/4.10 gears

Advanced Tuner
    there is no unlocker

you are prolly not connected to the pcm

or ya are and you need a mpvi2

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    there is no unlocker

you are prolly not connected to the pcm

or ya are and you need a mpvi2

How would I connect to the PCM aside from the obd2 port? I have an MPVI 1 Pro which according to HP Tuners, is compatible with my 2005 Wrangler
    2006 Silverado RCSB, Cammed, D1X, 5.3L, TBSS Intake, FIC 1650cc Injectors, E85, 1 7/8" LT headers/4L80e swap/4.10 gears