Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E78 ecu 1.4T traction control and speed limiter

Tuner in Training
    So just a quick update about this problem. I contacted HPtuners to get some hidden tables but none worked to get the problem solved. I have figured out my next step though. I reduced the problem down to VSS reading 0 (no forward motion detected), and therefore the E78 ECU not allowing me to rev past 4k. They're is no known fix or tune for this. My plan is to supply a set pulse (PWM) to the VSS simulating whatever the minimum MPH that's needed so the ECU thinks the vehicle is rolling. I will wire in a replay that will start producing the signal once I set my 2-step, then disable after launch. Super tricky though because I believe the 2-step disables at like 4 MPH so it's gonna take some electronics sorcery. I bought all the electronics to do this but I decided to replace my block first due to excessive blow by, plus I need to swap my 4th gear out from my old tranny so this will be done later down the road. I'll update again whenever that is. Honestly, I wish I had the money for a Haltech. This ECU sucks man....

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyjesse View Post
    So just a quick update about this problem. I contacted HPtuners to get some hidden tables but none worked to get the problem solved. I have figured out my next step though. I reduced the problem down to VSS reading 0 (no forward motion detected), and therefore the E78 ECU not allowing me to rev past 4k. They're is no known fix or tune for this. My plan is to supply a set pulse (PWM) to the VSS simulating whatever the minimum MPH that's needed so the ECU thinks the vehicle is rolling. I will wire in a replay that will start producing the signal once I set my 2-step, then disable after launch. Super tricky though because I believe the 2-step disables at like 4 MPH so it's gonna take some electronics sorcery. I bought all the electronics to do this but I decided to replace my block first due to excessive blow by, plus I need to swap my 4th gear out from my old tranny so this will be done later down the road. I'll update again whenever that is. Honestly, I wish I had the money for a Haltech. This ECU sucks man....
    RPM limit on this ECU works via torque management. The limit may come from one of the gearbox tables if it's automatic or from one of the million tables it has.
    Have you tried playing around with the tables in Fuel -> Cutoff, DFCO -> RPM Limits section?

Try maxing the "12073 - RPM Limit Torque vs. RPM vs. Gear" and "12070 - RPM Limit Torque vs. RPM Delta vs. Gear" for a start.
    Set the extreme cutoff to the actual RPM limit you want, extreme resume 200 rpm lower, and then max everything else that you can in that category.

Tuner in Training
    Hey thanks man, mine is manual and I have done all that with all those tables to no avail. I actually contacted Hptuners to get a few tables that were hidden regarding any sort of rpm limits and none worked. I think it has something to do with VSS as when I'm rolling it free revs with the clutch in, but at a stop it caps at 4K. We couldn't find it though. Iirc there is a couple things relating to VSS and RPM but I couldn't get any to work either. I'm replacing the block right now so I can't really test and tune for a while but once I get to that stage again I'll get back into it. Thanks for the post brotha