Thread: Flex fuel feedback

Tuner

Flex fuel feedback

I've attached a stock/oem file with enabled flex fuel, from my 2018 base Ecoboost Mustang.

Can you take a look at it and give me a little feedback?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have a stock intercooler ?

Advanced Tuner
    This isn't my latest tune, but I don't think I've changed any of the flex stuff since and it's been working pretty well... Other than the occasional time when fueling up and it thinks the AFR is 11:1 for a few miles then settles into 13.5 to 14:1 where it should be (our 93 here is usually 10% alcohol).
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post729163

I've only tested it up to about 35-40% alcohol mix, I didn't notice it leaning out, so the fuel system *might* support more, but I didn't want to push it.

I've heard people going 50%, but others say the stock pumps are good to 40%. I'm on E30 now, but might be closer to 40% with this second tank. Be nice when I get my Fuelit sensor on the car, I'll have a better idea of what I'm burning, and not having to go of what I put in the tank so much.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    I've heard people going 50%, but others say the stock pumps are good to 40%. I'm on E30 now, but might be closer to 40% with this second tank. Be nice when I get my Fuelit sensor on the car, I'll have a better idea of what I'm burning, and not having to go of what I put in the tank so much.
    What's your ratio right now? I pump 3 gallons of e85 and 7 gallons of 93 to get E40...
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Last tank I did 6 E85 to 10 93. AWD Fusion tank is 18 gallons, but you still have 2 left when your at zero miles left. It's not gonna be a 100 % accurate I know, but this is what most all the Fusion guys go with. Some say 6.5 gallons to the rest 93, that might be about right if were talking an empty 18 gallon tank.

Tuner
    My Mustang has bolt-ons, but I backed out all the non flex fuel electronic modifications to make the data universal for everyone, regardless of modifications.

Tuner
    Thanks for the link! I'll dig into your information when I get back to my laptop!!

Tuner
    I have a fuel-it setup, they work pretty nice.

Tuner
    66% ethanol from the pump.

Tuner
    In the past, when I was targeting a specific percentage, I used VP X85 and 93 octane pump gas and the results were consistent (competition only).

This time, I'm trying to use what they sell at the pump.

PS: Testing is being done with my my port Injection disabled, auxiliary w/a Intercooler bypassed, turbocharger boost reduced to 20 lbs, single 3" fresh air intake.
    Last edited by Coyote Chaser; 1 Week Ago at 04:28 PM.

Yeah, that's what I've been told. I'm just waiting on having some extra cash for it, had a guy on our Fusion Sport forum selling one a while back, but of coarse I didn't have the money, LOL. The whole E85 thing is interesting, been other guys that had the same results after putting a Fuel-it sensor on theirs. I don't think anyone sells true 85% ethanol, seems like they are all low like that.