Thread: 2000 5.7 ECM IC Control

Advanced Tuner

2000 5.7 ECM IC Control

ECM pin 9 grey/clr plug is the IC CONTROL.

What is IC control? Where is it? What is it used for?

thank you

Interdependent Consortium? Infinite Collider?? Dunno man, I am totally stumped! I bet it's some secret code that isn't even shown in the wiring diagrams/pinouts.

Advanced Tuner
    Ignition coil control?
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I bet it's some secret code that isn't even shown in the wiring diagrams/pinouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    Ignition coil control?
    Thanks guys, yea i dont know either, im redoing another persons wiring on a TBI 5.7 into a 77 Scout.
    I get crank, noid lights showing, but no spark. The reason I ask for PIN 9 is becuase i see it is wired up, and dissapears in the standalone harness, but the is a jumper / tap off o the wire. So, im trying to figure out what it is.

Advanced Tuner
    I found this diagram, i can see what and where the wires go for a facotyr set up.
    Im just trying to figure out what they have jumped off of it.
    There is a seperate wire for a tach hook up, but there is no tach in the vehicle.

Hmm I'll kkeep digging.

IC.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    If i recall correctly on those TBI systems the ECM connects the ground circuit for PIN 9 when it sees fit to fire the coil. The fact that you dont have a TACH in the vehicle doesnt matter. Tachs just get a signal from the coil when the ground is connected and reconnected, just ignore that circuit. So, pin C on your coil should be receiving a pulse of 12v (could be 5v) as its cranking. If its not then id look at PIN 9 (white wire) and see if its getting a reference pulse at the ICM.If its not then check the CKP since its going to send a signal to the coil on PIN A. Thats assuming youve checked the fuse and relay for the circuit already. If the CKP isnt reading then the ECM wont send the signal to the ICM
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Advanced Tuner
    *******************SOLVED****************

Thank you for all those whom chimed in.
    Was able to figure out the 'tap' on pin 9 wire was for a remote start aftermarket alarm system.

Scratch that one off the list.