Thread: immobiliser fail

Tuner in Training

immobiliser fail

Has anyone had this come up after reflashing?? I just reflashed a L76 now have this randomly appearing on the dash 2-3 times a week..

Did you turn off "VATS" by accident? Verify with your stock file pulled from your ECM.

Or it could be as simple as a BCM relink being necessary. It's available in the Flash drop down.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=EC_Tune]Did you turn off "VATS" by accident? Verify with your stock file pulled from your ECM.

Or it could be as simple as a BCM relink being necessary. It's available in the Flash drop down.[/QUOTE

First off i downloaded the stock tune from car. Did a basic tune, torque mgmt, cot, knock, no spark or PE yet. Uploaded new file (write cal only) to do some logging. After going to restart, immobilizer fail comes up. Not thinking anything of it i switch off and restart, everything Ok. however in the following week it comes up again a few times.. I thought we couldn`t program the immobliser so i assumed it was an unrelated issue until a tuner on ls1.com.au mentioned it could happen after reflashing in one of his posts. (he didn`t say how to fix it though)

Thanks for the reply i'll try it tomorrow. (friends car)

after you reflash the BCM will log the code that shows on the cluster due to loss of communications with the PCM during the write. On the 2nd key cycle it will go. If you have an ongoing problem try reading the DTC's with the scanner, if the ECM is not showing any VATS relaetd codes it could be an intermittent wiring issue to another module or something.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Chris and EC for your tips.