Thread: How to find the ECM service sticker 2018 CTS

Potential Tuner

How to find the ECM service sticker 2018 CTS

Without trying to tear everything apart in my car, and after not having much luck with Google, I need someone to tell me where I can find the service sticker on the ECM module of my 2018 CTS.

I believe I see the ECM underneath the fuse box in the engine compartment but I don't see a sticker, also admittedly that could be the TCM and perhaps I can't tell the difference.

I need to find this so that I can send it in to HP tuners so I can find out if I can get my CTS tuned.

PS Bill I meant no offense I was merely laughing at the fact that it was 5 weeks after the other fella had posted and I was in literally the exact same spot, if you see this no offense intended and thanks for trying to help people out.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Geek View Post
    Without trying to tear everything apart in my car, and after not having much luck with Google, I need someone to tell me where I can find the service sticker on the ECM module of my 2018 CTS.

I believe I see the ECM underneath the fuse box in the engine compartment but I don't see a sticker, also admittedly that could be the TCM and perhaps I can't tell the difference.

I need to find this so that I can send it in to HP tuners so I can find out if I can get my CTS tuned.

PS Bill I meant no offense I was merely laughing at the fact that it was 5 weeks after the other fella had posted and I was in literally the exact same spot, if you see this no offense intended and thanks for trying to help people out.
    2018 CTS ecm doesn't require any sort of unlock. TCM is a different story but the ECM doesn't require any service from us.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Well but in that you needed the number from the ECM and the VIN number to check for full compatibility correct or am I remembering wrong?

Potential Tuner
    Since you seem to know what's what with this stuff do you know if I am able to just bring my car to HP tuners and have the TCM unlocked like a same day kind of thing so I don't have to shut my car down for a week or so?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Geek View Post
    Since you seem to know what's what with this stuff do you know if I am able to just bring my car to HP tuners and have the TCM unlocked like a same day kind of thing so I don't have to shut my car down for a week or so?
    We do not accept walk in's.

All of our ecm/tcm unlock shipping eta's are posted on the services page. 1-3 day turnaround plus shipping times is typical.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"