Thread: Enrichment Rate for the V6

Senior Tuner

Enrichment Rate for the V6

Does this table exist in the v6 vcm? When into PE it takes its sweet ass time getting to the desired PE AFR. Does come down to desired, but is really,really slow in doing so. Could this table be added to the next release???? The ability to have the AFR drop at a faster rate would be very good if possible.

Thanks for looking guys,

Paul

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you talking about actual afr dropping or the commanded afr dropping?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Actual, my PE Delay is set to "0"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the enrichement rate table found in V8's has nothing to do with actual...which was why I was asking

Its a rate at which the pcm goes from stoich to the pe commanded, nothing more. IE in trucks it might take 2 seconds to go from 14.7 to the commanded pe of 12.0:1...so you set the table to 1 & it goes from 14.7:1 to 12.0:1 in a fraction of a second....but thats ONLY commanded, not actual.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    So, actual does take a little time? This is good info for when the WB is in. I would be pullin' my freakin' hair trying to figure out why it won't drop faster when commanded.

I sold my nitrous because I saw this on the dyno. Freaked me out that the nitrous would hit and it took 2 seconds for it to hit the commanded. I thought I was lean and sold the whole lot!! Man, I'm a friggin' idiot.......
    Last edited by MMGT1; 02-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.

There should not be any lag. Post your bin and a scan so I can take a look. My actual drops as soon as I go into PE.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Senior Tuner
    Thanks XON. As you know this is an issue that came up on the dyno. I have my AFX on the way and should have it logging with the HP program by mid week I hope.(However long it takes to get here. It'll be installed in about one hour after that! ) I'll get the scan up ASAP...again thanks
    Paul

In order to properly measure this transition, you MUST have the wideband installed upstream of the catalyst.

The cat stores oxygen and will continue to release it during WOT enrichment, making downstream O2 measurements look "lean" even though the engine out gases are on target. In short, tailpipe sensors suck.

Senior Tuner
    The ehaust was tapped into before the cat on the Dyno for the sensor to be used. The amount extra I paid to do that was 1/2 the dam price of just getting my own. Didn't know at the time....

Like Greg mentioned, you have transfer delay from the time you mash the throttle until the gasses actually reach the WBo2.

The further away you are from the ports, the more time lag presents itself. Also airflow volume/velocity play a part. At low RPM the transfer delay is huge, at high RPM it's much less as the airflow volume and velocity is significantly higher.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see any lag with my wideband.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Perforator
    I don't see any lag with my wideband.

Where did you install yours? I'm thinking I will put in place of stock? Don't know if that is too close to the engine for proper readings. Have seen that "shops" will put in the WB in place of the stock one to tune, and force OL for proper tuning. Would like to put it in the stock position if it is OK.
    Paul

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    In short, tailpipe sensors suck.

interesting! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1
    Where did you install yours? I'm thinking I will put in place of stock? Don't know if that is too close to the engine for proper readings. Have seen that "shops" will put in the WB in place of the stock one to tune, and force OL for proper tuning. Would like to put it in the stock position if it is OK.
    Paul
    Definitely a good place. When I was at Edelbrock we had an 8-band Horiba with each sensor placed 2" from the port for doing mixture distribution testing on the engine dyno.
    Always Support Our Troops!