Thread: LM7 Firing and then shuts down

Banned

LM7 Firing and then shuts down

Hey there, Im having troubles with an Lm7 swapped into a 94 trans am. Engine fires right up and then it dies after a second or 2. Any help would be apreciated.
    I currently have my maf sensor not installed.1994 Transam 5.3.hpt5.3 TRANS AM CRANK 2.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MrGrunzz; 07-12-2023 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach an archive

Senior Tuner
    Have you addressed VATS?

Did you do a "Write Entire"? or did you do a "Write" only?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Did you do a "Write Entire"? or did you do a "Write" only?
    When i first got the engine and pulled the tune with vcm suite, the vats system was already disabled. So im not quite sure if the previous owner did "Write" or "write entire"

You must fail the MAF if you are not using it. And if you plan to never run the MAF you need to wire in the IAT sensor.

Set MAF fail high to 0hz and set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

Is this a stock 1999 5.3 too? No mods or anything?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Banned
    Hey thanks a lot! That seemed to work. I completly forgot to fail the maf sensor. Maybe I got excited on finally having finished swapping in the engine into my car and forgot on that. Its now starting on first crank. Also it has no mods, just a completely refreshed engine. My RPMs are at 400 idle tho... and the engine wants to stall. Im thinking on vaccum leak issues, going to start working on that.