Thread: Bricked P59 Help

Potential Tuner

Bricked P59 Help

Hello guys, my p59 from a silverado 2003 5.3 DBW is bricked
    I tried to ground the weld point but it doesn't work, the second time it happens to me, the first time it worked but not this time.

I got a computer from a 2003 suburban with the same blue/green connector at my local store. What is the procedure to transfer everything from my bricked ecm to the new ecm? whole write, segment swap? I have the last file of my bricked ecm and what recommendations do you have to deal with voltage drops. Thanks to all for your help

information of the ecms in the image
    info_ecm.jpg

Thinking of switching to an old carb

Advanced Tuner
    If you have the stock tune from your OG PCM then id do a write entire on the new one and just start the tune over. Or transfer whichever tune you want i guess, just do a write entire. If you dont have a copy of your old one then get one that has the same OS as your original and use that tune.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    If you have the stock tune from your OG PCM then id do a write entire on the new one and just start the tune over. Or transfer whichever tune you want i guess, just do a write entire. If you dont have a copy of your old one then get one that has the same OS as your original and use that tune.
    yes i have the last tune file from my bricked pcm, can work?

Advanced Tuner
    should, just do a write entire. why did your other one brick? if it bricked from improper TAC module adjustment then Id use a factory tune and recalibrate everything correctly.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    why did your other one brick?
    Aftermarket door locks or car alarm system wrong intallation , I was just adjusting VE table