Thread: Problem tuning speed density

Potential Tuner

Problem tuning speed density

New to tuning, have been reading a lot on here and watching youtube. I feel as I have the MAF tuned pretty good and have went on to speed density. The issue I am having is when failing the maf and codes p0103 is set to first fail the trans shifts very hard as if it has full line pressure. Have not seen a way around this. Is an 07 Yukon 5.3 truck norris cam longtubes catless y pipe MBRP cat back and an intake. e38PCM. any help would be appreciated.

Can't see what's in your tune file unless you post it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin0201 View Post
    New to tuning, have been reading a lot on here and watching youtube. I feel as I have the MAF tuned pretty good and have went on to speed density. The issue I am having is when failing the maf and codes p0103 is set to first fail the trans shifts very hard as if it has full line pressure. Have not seen a way around this. Is an 07 Yukon 5.3 truck norris cam longtubes catless y pipe MBRP cat back and an intake. e38PCM. any help would be appreciated.

In the trans diagnostics section there are a few tabs you need to disable under "Invalid Torque Signal"

There will be ones for Freeze adapts, max pressure, torque man inhibt, etc.. Set them all to disabled and that will take care of it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    thank you both. Will try what Alvin says as soon as I get off work. If that does not work I will post log and tune file. Thank you

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rdmartin0201 View Post
    thank you both. Will try what Alvin says as soon as I get off work. If that does not work I will post log and tune file. Thank you
    It will work.. This is pretty standard stuff.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    that worked great thanks a lot. Logging and tuning now.