Thread: need a little help getting started

Potential Tuner

need a little help getting started

i have a 2006 silverado 5.3 78mm turbo/BTR stage 2 turbo cam,deka 80s, running a 2bar set up. no maf. looking to do a speed density tune and just wanted someone to look over my tune to just make sure i have everything headed in the right direction to get started. im completely new to the tuning game and trying to learn. i just wanna make sure im not missing anything that may need to be turned off/on or something zeroed out.i dont want to start working against myself. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. thanks. and also what data would you guys log in the scanner. i have a ntk wideband
    5-9-23.hpt
    Last edited by noli; 05-09-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post
    i have a 2006 silverado 5.3 78mm turbo/BTR stage 2 turbo cam,deka 80s, running a 2bar set up. no maf. looking to do a speed density tune and just wanted someone to look over my tune to just make sure i have everything headed in the right direction to get started. im completely new to the tuning game and trying to learn. i just wanna make sure im not missing anything that may need to be turned off/on or something zeroed out.i dont want to start working against myself. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. thanks. and also what data would you guys log in the scanner. i have a ntk wideband
    5-9-23.hpt
    Might want to enable BE as a safety mechanism. Your PE eqr is a little high for FI as well. I can't tell you exactly what it should be at, but probably at or less than 0.8 lambda (so 1.25 or higher in the eq ratio tables).
    Overall looks ok, VE will need some tuning.
    You should probably log
    -STIT and LTIT
    -wideband eq ratio
    -MAP
    -injector pulse widths
    -every "advance" and "retard" channel
    -TPS and accel pedal position
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Tick SNS stage 2 cam, FAST LSXR 102mm, LS2 92mm silver TB, long tube headers and 3" exhaust, V2 rear cradle 3.23 gears

Potential Tuner
    Awesome. Thanks for the input. I?m logging all of those. This is definitely a learning experience.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the input. I?m logging all of those. This is definitely a learning experience.
    Have you started or driven the car yet? If you can, get some good logs in at part throttle only, using STFT+LTFT to dial in the part throttle areas of the VE table.
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V - Tick SNS stage 2 cam, FAST LSXR 102mm, LS2 92mm silver TB, long tube headers and 3" exhaust, V2 rear cradle 3.23 gears