Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on tuning 4.8 gt45

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    My guess is there are lot of the more knowledgeable and prolific people on here that aren’t going to spend much of their time on this with the decapped injectors.
    i am begining to see that the more i search the site

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by russ275 View Post
    Okay so i did re read and.. my battery is about shot, the voltage is low.i think the high voltage is because i have a jumper hooked up so it doesnt die. Now i did change the MAF to mill on first error instead of second. I did run the scanner and i am coming up with no codes. The map is reading at 52.5 and then 104 at the higher voltage when i have jumper turned on. it idles at about 74 roughly.so im not positive where it should be but i am in NY and am about 500 feet above sea level.My spark is getting up to 43* but i am getting no knock..
    It sometimes helps to kick start the MAF fail by key off, then unplug MAF, Key on scan for DTC in Scanner it should be failed. Key off, plug MAF back in. Now key on and clear codes, key off, wait 10 seconds and key on then start it. Hope it fails again at start. Scan DTCs.
    If the DTC SES check box in editor file is unchecked, you may try enabling it for MAF P0101-P0103 DTCs.

Do you have the alternator for the C10 or one for this 2002 pu? Do you have the loop ring on the negative battery cable, the battery current sensor? The battery current sensor is an amp clamp that measures current flow into and out of the battery. The current sensor then translates flow into a variable duty cycle signal. The sensor then sends this variable duty cycle to the BCM to indicate current flow. The alternator F terminal is a duty cycle signal that reflects field operation. The PCM monitors the F terminal to determine the alternator's load on the engine. The PCM uses this information to adjust engine RPM and alternator voltage set point.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    It sometimes helps to kick start the MAF fail by key off, then unplug MAF, Key on scan for DTC in Scanner it should be failed. Key off, plug MAF back in. Now key on and clear codes, key off, wait 10 seconds and key on then start it. Hope it fails again at start. Scan DTCs.
    If the DTC SES check box in editor file is unchecked, you may try enabling it for MAF P0101-P0103 DTCs.

Do you have the alternator for the C10 or one for this 2002 pu? Do you have the loop ring on the negative battery cable, the battery current sensor? The battery current sensor is an amp clamp that measures current flow into and out of the battery. The current sensor then translates flow into a variable duty cycle signal. The sensor then sends this variable duty cycle to the BCM to indicate current flow. The alternator F terminal is a duty cycle signal that reflects field operation. The PCM monitors the F terminal to determine the alternator's load on the engine. The PCM uses this information to adjust engine RPM and alternator voltage set point.
    no i do not have my wiring set up anything like that. i have the alternator for the 02..