Thread: 6L80 Shift Pattern Question 2014-2018 K1500

Tuner in Training

6L80 Shift Pattern Question 2014-2018 K1500

Screenshot (5).png

I have a silly question? I am new to HP Tuners, and I was wondering in this photo is it saying that Pattern A is normal mode when the transmission is put into drive and Pattern B is Tow/Haul mode? And if so, why does the stock tune affectively have the torque converter lockup disabled while in tow/haul mode?

Tuner in Training
    On my 2012 GMT900.. "Pattern Type" also says pattern A -> normal, and pattern -> B trailer.. but when looking at the actual tables (shift schedule, tcc) NORMAL is normal, and PATTERN A is Tow mode, PATTERN B is 4WD LO.

I'm thinking Pattern Type is just the setting on your tow mode button, and doesn't correlate with the shift patterns..

Senior Tuner
    You can log shift pattern type or something along those lines in the scanner to know for sure.

Some applications are odd.. like a CTSV. The normal every day pattern in "D" is actually pattern B

Most trucks I've encountered are shift pattern A for normal "D" driving.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs