Thread: Need confirmation of my tuning approach

Tuner

Need confirmation of my tuning approach

I have an LS92 Frankenstein engine. My engine is running and idles quite well. Scan shows that the computer is adding fuel long term and somewhat short term. I understand this to mean the engine is running lean and the computer is adding fuel. Here is my question: Should I work on the air measurement accuracy MAF/MAP and let the computer take care of fuel until the lean condition is better? or should I work on the VVE fuel lookup adding fuel until the lean condition improves?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    LTFTs adjust to keep the STFTs near zero unless they reach the max they can adjust. MAF and VVE are both air models. You need to work on both. Fuel is calculated based on air amount.

Tuner
    2xLS1 You have no idea how your post helps me. Helps immensely to know what a lookup table represents. I have been going the wrong way. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Also, Engine>Airflow>Dynamic>High RPM Disable will be a RPM value. Typically 4000 but some calibrations can be less. Above that RPM the MAF is used 100% for airflow calculation. Below that RPM a blend of both MAF and VVE is used. You can change that value if you wish.