Thread: 2007 Corvette T56 Swap

Tuner in Training

2007 Corvette T56 Swap No Throttle In Gear

Long story short, car is almost ready to drive. Most of everything has been retrofitted. I have adapted the auto trans harness to the manual stuff. NO VSS yet. Car starts and idles fine, but it will rev in neutral or with the clutch in, maybe one or the other or both. Can't remember. As soon as I put the car in gear and give it some throttle it doesn't rev at all. Its almost like I've disconnected the pedal. The axles are moving, nothing is happening though.

I have switched the option from auto to manual in the tune, nothing more. I don't have a log as my laptop isn't home right now. Should I try flashing a 2007 manual car OS or segment swap? Will a segment swap change how the ECU pins are controlled? Are there limiters in set I don't know about? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ancient8989; 03-06-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE:

I segment swapped everything but the main OS from a 2007 MT car and did a write entire, still the same result. Car popped a p0606, I changed the throttle values back to stock and that did nothing either, but that code has not come back. As soon as the car is in gear and the clutch is depressed it refuses to respond to throttle. Few other codes like c0050 which I think is wheel speed. Not sure why that would come up, everything is hooked up. I can hear the throttle body moving when the car isn't running. I have a log with throttle in neutral and when its in gear.

swap 2.hpl

swap 1.hpl
    Last edited by Ancient8989; 03-06-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It shoudl throw a new code when the pedal doesn't work.

I might would start with a complete SPS manual file but its hard to say without having done one before.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    By sps you mean I need a tech2 or similar MDI?

Senior Tuner
    yes
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    The thing is the car shouldn't know the difference between being in gear and neutral right? Why will it respond in N but not in gear. Does it see a load it doesn't recognize? I'd really like to figure it out without going down a sps route. If that's the case I'll just piggyback a holley system. Hoping for more input before doing anything else.

ETC segments are different between auto and manual, and HPT can't read/write the ETC segments in a Gen 4. Only way to get manual ETC segments into it is to flash it properly with a real manual calibration.

1G1YY26U975113159 2007 Corvette LS2 auto trans
    ETC:
    12605899 / 0000C846 - Slave Operating System
    12600951 / 0000F7AB - Engine

1G1YY25U375136700 2007 Corvette LS2 manual trans
    ETC:
    12605899 / 0000C846 - Slave Operating System
    12600952 / 00002FAF - Engine

(ref: https://tis2web.service.opel.com/tis2web/)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...121+programmed

Cheaper than buying the hardware and a SPS subscription to flash it yourself. And whether you flashed the one you already have or bought a different one pre-flashed both ways would require buying HPT credits since both would show up with a different VIN.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...121+programmed

Cheaper than buying the hardware and a SPS subscription to flash it yourself. And whether you flashed the one you already have or bought a different one pre-flashed both ways would require buying HPT credits since both would show up with a different VIN.
    Hopefully I don't need to rewire the whole car if I grab a programmed ECM. Are these all the same or do I need to find a ls2 corvette specific module? Should I find a manual vin matching my cars options?

ECM interchange goes by the Service Number. Why would you need to rewire anything for swapping one 12597121 with a 2007 Corvette auto trans OS for a 12597121 with a 2007 Corvette manual trans OS?

Well, I mean, you'd have to change whatever is needed for auto to manual (VSS wiring, backup lights, whatever) but you just do whatever it shows for the manual trans diagrams.

Tuner in Training
    I'll go this route. Any 2007 manual vin will work? Sorry for my ignorance. This is a different ball game for me.

Up in post #7 is a confirmed-by-TIS manual trans VIN.

2007 Corvette 1G1YY25U375136700 6.0L LS2 M6 1448837169.hpt

Also... if this is still in a 2007 Corvette, likely you will need to do other things to other modules, like re-sync the airbag SDM to the new VIN. Not sure if you could change the VIN in the new OS/ECM back to the original, HPT may not allow that since it's an auto trans VIN.

ECM Replacement

If the engine control module (ECM) is replaced, the following procedures must be performed:

1 The ECM Reprogramming--Refer to Service Programming System (SPS).
    2 The CKP Variation Learn--Refer to Crankshaft Position System Variation Learn.
    3 The Theft Deterrent Programming--Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components.
    4 The Throttle Learn Procedure--Refer to Throttle Learn.
    5 Engine Oil Life Remaining--When available, use a scan tool to rest the Engine Oil Life Remaining back to the original percentage recorded.
    6 Transmission Fluid Life Remaining--When available, use a scan tool to reset the Transmission Fluid Life Remaining back tot he original percentage recorded.
    Obviously, these are out of order (good job, GM) - do theft relearn (or disable VATS and Write Entire), then throttle learn, then CKP learn.

Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure

- DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
    - The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
    - The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
    - The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
    - The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.

Throttle Learn

Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle .

Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
    With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
    The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
    Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
    Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
    After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.

Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
    - If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
    After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
    - If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds and repeat step 6.
    Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Also... if this is still in a 2007 Corvette, likely you will need to do other things to other modules, like re-sync the airbag SDM to the new VIN. Not sure if you could change the VIN in the new OS/ECM back to the original, HPT may not allow that since it's an auto trans VIN.
    I've had to do some BCM's on 2010+ f bodys with trans swaps. Really unless he finds someone who has done these specifically before its going a bit of a guess on what he will need. It can be a headache
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner in Training
    I tried a few things this morning. Turning off ETC traction control did the trick. Revs in gear now. I'm sure this is going to be a journey.