Thread: Won't let me add GM credits??

Tuner in Training

Won't let me add GM credits??

I've added a MPVI3 to My Devices, but when I try to added GM credits, I received an error message: MPVI Credits cannot be added to the cart until the serial number is selected or specified in your My Account/My Devices page

But, when I go to My Devices and click "Add Credit" ... It only shows me option to add Universal Credits, which I can add to my cart successfully.

My 2004 Avalanche only requires 2 GM credits OR 6 Universal credits... so, do I have to buy 6 Universal credits???
    Last edited by _Bowser_; 02-11-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If I unlock my 2004 Avalanche with 6 Universal Credits, will my MPVI3 be able to tune any Avalanche from any year as well without any additional need for credits?

Senior Tuner
    Universal credit just means they will work on any vehicle type. GM credits will only work on GM vehicles. 6 credits for a model Year mean only that year vehicle type. 2 universal credits will work just like 2 GM credits on a GM. GM credits will only work on GM vehicles.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by _Bowser_ View Post
    I've added a MPVI3 to My Devices, but when I try to added GM credits, I received an error message: MPVI Credits cannot be added to the cart until the serial number is selected or specified in your My Account/My Devices page

But, when I go to My Devices and click "Add Credit" ... It only shows me option to add Universal Credits, which I can add to my cart successfully.

My 2004 Avalanche only requires 2 GM credits OR 6 Universal credits... so, do I have to buy 6 Universal credits???
    The ford, gm, Chrysler credits are for the first mpvi. With your mpvi3, you purchase the universal credits and they will be automatically added to your device when refreshed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by _Bowser_ View Post

Going further on the universal credits, the mpvi3 will still only cost 2 credits to license your avalanche. You are referring to the unlimited year model licensing. This is buying a license to tune any truck in that year/model. You don?t need that unless you are going to tune a bunch of avalanche trucks.