Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VE Help still...

Advanced Tuner
    If you have COT turned off, does the PE/COT spark adder not work?

What do you have your hot power enrich enable tps threshold vs rpm set to?

Stock is:

Mine is:

I also have PE enable set to:

Map 0
    Map Hyst 0
    Delay rpm 0
    Enable RPM 0
    RPM hyst 50
    enrichment rate 2.0
    COT turned off
    Wise?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

The PE/COT adder works whenever one of those functions enables. Either one.

As to PE enable I left it stock on that 06 LS2 Vette.

You can leave the MAP & MAP Hyst values stock (I would as you want some hysteresis around the enable point.) And I usually use an enable RPM of about 100 as you are always above it and in some GM code a zero means not funtional. Not in this particular case but I have seen it before.
    If you are racing regularly, turn off COT as it will only interfere with you running consistent times.
    Always Support Our Troops!

thanks for that bit of logic relating efficiency and needed spark advance. No wonder i could run ~42* in some places on my 6cyl with no knock...it was inefficient. I knew it! :-P

Advanced Tuner
    I plugged in the timing table you posted EC, then copied it to the LO table since I'm tuning VE right now. My VE table was pretty close and now that I pulled timing back, it is lean in a lot of areas. Make sense?

I am getting knock at WOT and the car doesn't pull as hard as when I command 11.5-12.0 AFR and 24-26* of timing. The calculated torque values are higher as well. Once in for all, I would like HPT to say whether the calculated torque PE is worth looking at?

If you saw these logs on your dyno, what would you do next? Richen it up a bit since it appears to be burning all the fuel? I would like to see some 400-410 torque numbers, but I can't seem to get there unless I run really fat and a lot of timing. Your comments are much appreciated.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

[QUOTE=PurplePiss] The calculated torque values are higher as well. Once in for all, I would like HPT to say whether the calculated torque PE is worth looking at?
    QUOTE]

I cannot give a conclusive answer to that question however my advice is that I would not rely on those figures as being indicative of actual torque. I have a custom PID that I use occasionally for shits and giggles that derives power from the PCMs 'Calculated Torque' and if this was accurate I would be one happy camper. But more to the point it isn't even a consistent indication that you are making more power/torque. I am not certain of all the calcs but one of them is rpm and it appears to have a linear relationship with rpms ie more rpm = more torque which is not necessarily so.

Long winded way of saying IMHO of course that I wouldn't use this PID to find out whether you are gaining or not. Dynamic airflow can be a better indication or dyn cyl air perhaps which I believe are part of the Calc torque anyways

As I understand it is mainly used to indicate the 'load' for the PCM for Torque Mgt and shifting etc. I may be way off but that is what I have found.

Would like to know a more conclusive answer myself

BTW - If you didn't alter your fuelling and lowered spark causing a leaner AFR sounds to me as though more fuel is being combusted and that is a step in the right direction IMO. Provided weather etc was the same.

Good Luck

Looks like other than that slight bit of KR at 34-3800 RPM you're pretty close. WB O2 values look good to.
    Be interesting to see how she runs at the track now.

Calculated torque is somewhat based on RPM & spark advance that you are running. Not sure if it's worth looking at for much of anything other than trans parameters which rely on it.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!