Thread: Wideband Install

Potential Tuner

Wideband Install

I have an 05 magnum with long tubes. Can i use the rear o2 port for the afr sensor or could I move the fronts to the rear spots and add a delay to do that? I just dont have the means to weld stainless and there are no reputable welding shops in my area. Plus im not using the rears they are disabled in the tune so I have the means to do it.

If you ask me, that will be just fine. I've been using the rear o2 sensor spot on my truck for 2 years now. Works just fine for all the tune I need to.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So i can just put it in the rear o2 bung and itll be cool? Ive just never installed one before so im learning now with this car.

Yeah it'll be just fine.

Even if you have a cat converter on the car the rear spot is just fine for doing what you need to do. These aren't lab grade widebands but overall they are pretty accurate. At full throttle the cats aren't doing much of anything anyway so they don't skew the readings enough to worry about. I'm within .05-.1 on my wideband with having it in the rear o2 sensor spot when I do fuel calibration.

Any of the lower speed stuff I end up using my fuel trims to see where I need to add/remove fuel so closed loop is better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I installed it today. Getting 14.5-15.6 idle and cruising, and wot after 5300rpm im at 12.7 when i shift im at 12.3 so i think im there im just having an issue with starts now. It revs to 2500-3000 rpm and when i restart it it revs even higher.