Thread: Need help setting up torque management in 2009 SRT8 Challenger w/ 8 speed

Tuner in Training

Need help setting up torque management in 2009 SRT8 Challenger w/ 8 speed

Hi all,

8 speed installed in '09 srt8 with healthy N/A 7.0L stroker. Transmission is a brand new 8HP70 with a 2019 "1320" program loaded. Attached are the 2019 and 2009 TM tables from the respective PCM tunes.

I have the 2009 factory PCM to work with, so that is the table that needs modification if anyone might have an idea on adapting it's TM table for use with an HP70.. It shifts way too hard without TM enabled the one time i laid into it a little bit.. NOTE: I am not sure I need ESP or stall TM, I am just into going straight. Also, if I use spark TM, how would I know how much it pulls when activated ?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Tcat; 10-24-2022 at 09:37 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I was just informed that I need to use the factory stock Nag1 TM parameters.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Maybe one of you experts would be kind enough to get me over the hump on this. I must say the car drives and seems almost flawless with the HP70 and I want it to live for a good long time so I installed the 2009 SRT factory stock torque management settings back into the tune as directed. EXCEPT I disabled all 3 of the ESP settings on the bottom left. I didn't think I needed those to pull spark and fuel on a shift point going straight and not spinning.
    It still does not pull a lick of timing or cut the fuel on the one full throttle shift I made. Hmmmm So, do I need to enable all 3 of the ESP settings on the bottom left and use the push button to disable that function in order to protect this trans on shift points ? NOTE: it is a much more powerful N/A engine than the 6.1 was if that makes any difference due to the torque values. No idea.
    Thanks

factory stock 2009 srt TM.JPG
    Last edited by Joe Tcat; 10-26-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tcat View Post
    Maybe one of you experts would be kind enough to get me over the hump on this. I must say the car drives and seems almost flawless with the HP70 and I want it to live for a good long time so I installed the 2009 SRT factory stock torque management settings back into the tune as directed. EXCEPT I disabled all 3 of the ESP settings on the bottom left. I didn't think I needed those to pull spark and fuel on a shift point going straight and not spinning.
    It still does not pull a lick of timing or cut the fuel on the one full throttle shift I made. Hmmmm So, do I need to enable all 3 of the ESP settings on the bottom left and use the push button to disable that function in order to protect this trans on shift points ? NOTE: it is a much more powerful N/A engine than the 6.1 was if that makes any difference due to the torque values. No idea.
    Thanks

factory stock 2009 srt TM.JPG
    I'm going to say yes.
    04 RAMGTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi 3600lbs 2.6HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    05 RAMGTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi 4000lbs 2.2HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    09 Challenger Drag Pak 8.88@150mph 376Ci G3hemi 3650lbs 2.6HP/Ci Naturally Aspirated
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    Will do, thank you.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2010 jeep commander 2wd which i have swapped in a 2016 5.7 challenger 8hp70 into it. The engine is a FBO and cammed 5.7. Personally i have only spark tq management turned on in the transmission side, and i have changed the minimum spark torque management table to get the feel of this correct. For example at areas of WOT i have it pulling down to -5 degrees of timing. With FSO torque management turned on i found that the torque reduction was reducing torque way too much even on half throttle shifts. These swaps are definitely a little different to tune than a vehicle that had the trans originally lol

Tuner in Training
    Great info Labrat, thanks for that.