Thread: spark correct and idle

Tuner in Training

spark correct and idle

should a car be able to idle with spark correction turned off if its tuned properly?
    trying to figure out why if i leave it idling for awhile 5 or so minutes it eventually starts searching over adjusting then dies.

if i turn spark correction off it does that right away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    alot of the time tunes can be using the spark unknowingly as a correction for the airflow corrections errors, so spark is keeping error in line as well as helping idle, it can take a bit to get airflow correct depending on mods so best to get it as good as u can then the spark is just there to help out when needed, airflow is a slower correction and spark is a instant correction, the torque follower also plays a roll so make sure torque model is in line for idle helps, make sure fueling is also correct as that affects air model and thus torque model

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    alot of the time tunes can be using the spark unknowingly as a correction for the airflow corrections errors, so spark is keeping error in line as well as helping idle, it can take a bit to get airflow correct depending on mods so best to get it as good as u can then the spark is just there to help out when needed, airflow is a slower correction and spark is a instant correction, the torque follower also plays a roll so make sure torque model is in line for idle helps, make sure fueling is also correct as that affects air model and thus torque model
    thanks for responding, got busy on another project. now back to this.
    on the air and torque is there any error table to add to my logging similar to the spark error?

Senior Tuner
    u will have to see what shows up as some early e38 didnt get much idle airflow pids and then the later did