Thread: AFR Ratio not Changing

Tuner in Training

AFR Ratio not Changing

I am going to OLSD on the 99 camaro I am tuning on my dyno and I have the AFR commanded set to 12.96 with the PE ratio at 1.124 and the AFR error % was around 0 to -3.So that is pretty close.
    I changed the PE ratio to 1.091 and did another pull and the commanded AFR or the EQ ratio did not change in the scan but the WB AFR did change a little.
    Can some one look at these please and make sure I am not loosing my mind.
    In the scans there are 2 pulls.The first pull,that is down on power,in the log had some small pops but the second sounded perfect,and has about the same power.
    I also did a read of the tune and it compared same as the file I flashed,no diffs.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

It's because your open loop table is 1.13. If you want the commanded PE to be 13.0, change the stoich AFR to 14.68 (your at 14.62857) The commanded PE will be the richer of the open loop table or the PE EQ table. Why would you want a leaner commanded AFR?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I should have seen that!!
    As far as the going leaner the last time I dynoed 377rwhp with CL MAF tune 13.4 was the best power but that was with a tail pipe WB.Now I have a PLX WB in the header and started at like 12.5 with 349rwhp.So I dialed in the VE table to match 12.5.I was just starting to change the PE EQ ratio back to 13.0.Figured the pipe WB was a little leaner.So that is why the 13.0.
    What AFR do you shoot for on motor?
    What is the stock stoich set at?I am tuning behind someone soooooo.HAHA.
    Looks like if I changed stoich it would lean out the whole tune everywhere.
    Thanks Russ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    to see what stoich is set at just go to Engine-Fuel Control-General-Air fuel Ratio-Stoich AFR
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    to see what stoich is set at just go to Engine-Fuel Control-General-Air fuel Ratio-Stoich AFR
    Ya it is set at 14.62 like Russ said.