Thread: 2004 L33 with LS6 cam 1 7/8 headers

Potential Tuner

2004 L33 with LS6 cam 1 7/8 headers

Good Afternoon,

I have had this suburban with the 5.3l and ls6 cam for years, ran ok untuned for quite a few years, finally pulled the trigger and got the HP tuner in May, been running it, with the attached tune since then, and it seems ok, I just feel like there's more. I know I need to spend more time messing with it to get the most, but for an old fat suburban with a wore-out 4l60e it runs good.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

2004 Suburban 1500 z71 5.3l factory program no CAT, 3.42 gears, Electric Fans 09MAY22 torque cha.hpt

Got any data logs?

Ideally you'd want to go over the MAF and VE tables to get fueling all correct first.

Your power enrichment is super lazy and it looks like you made it worse by settings the PE delay to 6,000rpm. I'd lower the pedal enables down to 65%, raise the MAP kpa enable to 80kpa and lower the enable torque to 50%. The RPM delay can be like 1,500rpm and your EQ ratio should try to target around a 12.2-12.3 AFR for a safe area.

I don't know if turning off the transmission abuse settings was a good idea, likely could lead to a faster death of the worn out 4L60e.

But data logs will all things you think you should be watching is a good start to see how it's running. Timing, knock retard, injector data, coolant/intake temps, o2 sensors and fuel trims are all good things you want to watch.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.