Thread: AEM X Series WB gauge/ HP tuners set up questions...

Potential Tuner

AEM X Series WB gauge/ HP tuners set up questions...

He all- Looking for a more up to date answer on the wiring of the AEM X gauge into the OBD2 port on 2001 LS1 and how it affects the narrow band sensors when tuning? ATM I have an issue with the connectivity of the HP T module and its inability to receive anything but thinking I have and issue with the connection of the pin 2 or pin 16 after trying to splice the Gauge wiring into the obscenely short OBD2 wiring from the extra short main harness and room only a 7 year old chinese girl could get into...Can the AEM part #30_0334 be used?? Googled the bejesus out of it and the FAQs here and cant find a single helpful thing..2001 VX SS Holden Commodore.LS1/ Gen3.20220310_175243.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    1st Which HPT interface version do you have? Did you get the Pro feature set with Prolink cable?

Yes AEM 30-0334 can be used BUT I have not tried to wire in to OBD2 port directly. You cannot use the original OBD2 piggy-back cable that comes with the AEM #30_0334. That is for CAN bus communication and the GM GEN3 do not have that capability.

What you need is AEM 35-3401 cable. This is listed for the 30-4110 controller but it is the same connector for x-Series.
    Your options after getting the 35-3401 cable are:

1) Use/get the Prolink cable and upgrade the HPT interface to include the Pro Feature set (+$250) Use Brown #10 and White #9 35-3401 wires to Prolink cable

OR

2) use a Serial to USB converter cable and there is a bit of a customizing in the VCM Scanner>>Tools>> Maths Parameters- User tab to get the EQ ratio reading correctly in the channel.
    Considerations, do you have a spare USB port on the laptop when using the HPT interface's USB?
    I tune multiple vehicles and the Prolink upgrade was a better choice for my needs.

A decent video on the subject.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcEw29XZBQ

The Prolink cable and Transform function of the channel in Scanner is how HPT interprets the analog data thru the Interface port.

The Serial connection from the USB-Serial converter cable allows the analog data to be "seen" by the Scanner without additional connections to the interface.
    Cheers,
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 07-24-2022 at 01:04 AM. Reason: details