Thread: Wiring up an LM1 in a Vette

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Wiring up an LM1 in a Vette

Thanks to torchredfrc on corvetteforum.com for a very good install writeup and for allowing us to share it with others

http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/wb02new.htm

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I just wanted to add a side note to this post. The settings I used in the LM-1 to correct the offset I mention at the bottom of the page are as follows:

Advanced Tuner
    By setting it to "instantly", don't you get odd results because of reading inbetween exhaust pulses?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I took the liberty of charting your O2 sensors against the LM-1 wideband readings and added a trendline. You go down to about 12.0 AFR at 920mV.

Why would I need a wideband when my narrowband already reads well over 1000 on occassions. Could I not just extend the trendline to workout my AFRs?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Reucroft
    I took the liberty of charting your O2 sensors against the LM-1 wideband readings and added a trendline. You go down to about 12.0 AFR at 920mV.

Why would I need a wideband when my narrowband already reads well over 1000 on occassions. Could I not just extend the trendline to workout my AFRs?
    No, because the NB will never read the same twice.
    1999 C5 FRC

Narrowbands are heat and pressure sensitive and are only accurate at 14.68 AFR period. No substitute for a wideband.

I have seen 870 mv = 11.5 AFR and 980= 13.5 AFR. Now which do you trust?
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    I had my eyes opened this week when I thought I was rich by 1% and turned out I was lean by as much as 9% in some of the upper MAF ranges!! DON'T TRUST THE NB's.....

Any new install update ?

I just want to add that if you lose the 9v battery, you need to check all of your settings as they will go back to factory default.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Why is this still in the FAQ if it just links to a page that has been gone for ages?