Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does this need more work? LQ4, 706 heads BTR v2 stage 2 truck cam.

Tuner in Training
    i have an 06 yukon denali with same cam w/spring but stock 6L heads all stock. will this tune transfer over? just running MAF tune as of right now, but kind of a pig looking to get some better performance.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod559 View Post
    i have an 06 yukon denali with same cam w/spring but stock 6L heads all stock. will this tune transfer over? just running MAF tune as of right now, but kind of a pig looking to get some better performance.
    No, you have lower compression than I do. Also, my MAF tune changed when I replaced it with an OE ACDelco one. My original MAF had a defective intake air temp sensor in it and about 175k miles on it.
    2006 1500hd LQ4, 706 heads, 1 7/8 long-tube headers, BTR stage 2 v2 cam (212/218 @.50, 553/553, 111 lsa)

Tuner
    Well, I came across some 12580681 injectors at a local junk yard and I think these will be a better fit for my combo. This article is what inspired me to build this motor, they also used 30lb injectors. https://www.cpgnation.com/lets-talk-...ruck-upgrades/ . I also picked up the 4 bolt truck throttle body and TBSS fuel rail, now to order a TBSS intake. I will only install that once I have this figured out and I just have to make minor adjustments.
    Last edited by MrGuy; 04-11-2022 at 10:36 PM.
    2006 1500hd LQ4, 706 heads, 1 7/8 long-tube headers, BTR stage 2 v2 cam (212/218 @.50, 553/553, 111 lsa)

Potential Tuner
    Hey MrGuy i was wondering if your tune was completed and if it was would you mind sharing it. Ive got the exact same build as you and im still running into trouble.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Noshiro View Post
    Hey MrGuy i was wondering if your tune was completed and if it was would you mind sharing it. Ive got the exact same build as you and im still running into trouble.
    You should probably start you own post, somewhere besides in the lounge section to get help.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    You should probably start you own post, somewhere besides in the lounge section to get help.
    I was hoping for a good basis here since ive got the same setup. No need to start a new thread when my answer is probably going to be in this one

Quote Originally Posted by Noshiro View Post
    I was hoping for a good basis here since ive got the same setup. No need to start a new thread when my answer is probably going to be in this one
    Does that strategy seem to be working?

Advanced Tuner
    ok im ready to start a private forum lol.