Thread: Trying to get this build ready to go to the tuner

Tuner in Training

Trying to get this build ready to go to the tuner

Hello, as stated I have a new build that I am trying to get ready to take to the tuner. The tuner wants it as road ready as I can get it, (makes sense to me). I am no tuner, I know enough to (hopefully) know what not to mess with. I did finally get to the point that I was able to start it up, had some idle issues due to the cam I'm thinking, (had to open up the mechanical throttle idle setting) The current issue is it is crazy rich, I'm not sure if I should try too drive it just yet? I would like to get a couple of hundred miles on it before I go the tuner, kind of a shake down process, if you will? It is setup MAF less - SD, however I can reinsert the MAF if need be (wiring is still intact). I think I have the tune setup as per the SD instructions? I hope? Could someone more knowledgeable give it a quick check, Just to ease my worries a tad? make sure I didn't set it up to grenade. I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I am in the process of getting an INNOVATE WB installed. The tune is based on a Savana 1X/4X Vortec tune, not doing the CNP setup ..... yet! The cam is a Lunati, Advertised Duration (Intake/Exhaust): 276/286 ;Duration @.050" (Intake/Exhaust): 218/228 ;Gross Valve Lift (Intake/Exhaust): .503"/.503" ;Lobe Separation: 112 ;Intake Center Line: 108 ;RPM Range: 1800-5800 ; actual lift is 0.530" due to 1.6 rocker arms, not sure what that does to duration. the motor is a Modified SBC with MPFI running on a 411 gen 3 ECU, mid length headers into true dual exhaust. transmission is a mildly built 700R4 for simplicity

Sprint.hpt

Can you post up a log? You might get more responses.

Do you have a separate Intake Air Temp Sensor, or is it part of the MAF?
    Are you wanting Open Loop? The Tune is still asking for Closed loop after 130 ECT.
    The Tune also asks for Blended MAF above 4,000 RPM (Not sure if that will cause issues with MAF removed, but if you set to 10,000 it will not try)
    Your Base Running airflow is stock
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Can you post up a log? You might get more responses.

Do you have a separate Intake Air Temp Sensor, or is it part of the MAF?
    Are you wanting Open Loop? The Tune is still asking for Closed loop after 130 ECT.
    The Tune also asks for Blended MAF above 4,000 RPM (Not sure if that will cause issues with MAF removed, but if you set to 10,000 it will not try)
    Your Base Running airflow is stock
    thanks for the heads up, yes I would like closed loop, but it is not going to be a daily driver so lets make it easy. Can we get Closed loop with Speed Density?" Yes I separated the temp sensor and MAF I used the Vortec system. I did set the High RPM Disable under Dynamic Airflow to 10.000, is that what you meant by "blended MAF"? I will get a log as soon as I can get her on the road. I have drivers side wiring to finalize, and get her tagged. what would you suggest I change the Base Running airflow to, I know if I go to much I'll lean it out and create issues.

I understand that without a log, I have put a blindfold on one eye and a coke bottle lens on the other. I'm just looking to lower the raw fuel levels coming out of the tail pipe for now.
    Last edited by FrankinStine 76; 03-13-2022 at 08:56 PM.

Yes you can use Closed Loop SD

Might try these settings:
    Adjust idle speed, Base Running Air flow, Idle Timing, (Note if your Catless its going to be pretty rich smelling even when its dialed in)....

After you adjusted your throttle plate did you do a reset?
    If not you should. Later in the logging process you will log your IAC steps and dial this in.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dhoagland; 03-13-2022 at 10:40 PM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training

Adjust idle speed, Base Running Air flow, Idle Timing, (Note if your Catless its going to be pretty rich smelling even when its dialed in)....

If not you should. Later in the logging process you will log your IAC steps and dial this in.

cool thanks for the help, I'll load this up and see where we are.

Tuner in Training

the tune made a difference in the way it runes, I'll get some logs after I get tagged.