Thread: Not your every day problem here

Potential Tuner

Not your every day problem here

I have a heavy truck and tow alot with it .
    It's stock small cam lq4 with a 72 q-trim ball bearing turbonetics.

Towing weight it's great but time to time I'll haul something that is a wall in the wind.

Problem is when I have a wall in the wind and running highway speed it will stay between 0 and 2# boost constantly which I'm fine with but.

Anytime I am in boost at a steady state the truck will shut off .
    No sputter or whimper the pcm shuts it off .
    It comes up with a map code that I haven't caught the number because I'm usually on a busy highway when it happens and I have to clear the code to get going again.

Unless im in boost at a steady state it has no issues at all .
    It is 2 bar sd tuned .

I'm sure not many are in boost at steady state so hard to find anyone having the same issue .

Anyone know what to adjust to get it to be ok with over 100kpa in steady state ?

If I back off and go back in it to keep from being steady it never dies.

At wot it's also fine .
    Only in steady state .

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to mention it's p59

Potential Tuner
    Think I found it .
    Engine diag / airflow / p0106 calculated map max .

Being I was between 2400 and 2600 rpm at 30 to 40 % throttle and over 100kpa it didn't agree.
    I set entire table to 200 kpa because this thing will go in boost at low rpm.

The steady state only issue is most likely when in lockup it would run lower rpm but still in boost .

Will see how it goes .
    It sucks shutting off in highway traffic

Quote Originally Posted by all-boost View Post
    Think I found it .
    Engine diag / airflow / p0106 calculated map max .

Being I was between 2400 and 2600 rpm at 30 to 40 % throttle and over 100kpa it didn't agree.
    I set entire table to 200 kpa because this thing will go in boost at low rpm.

The steady state only issue is most likely when in lockup it would run lower rpm but still in boost .

Will see how it goes .
    It sucks shutting off in highway traffic
    You defintely found the problem. It's a common thing. I maxed out the table early on.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)