Thread: u0107 after writing tune

Tuner in Training

Reduced power after writing to vehicle?

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0 LQ4
    212/216 112LSA Cam and springs
    P59 ECU

After writing any tune to the vehicle, (whether it was the stock tune or a custom tune), it drops a check engine light and flashes "reduced engine power".
    After reading and clearing the DTC's for the U0107 loss of comm to throttle, everything runs fine. I read somewhere that this may just be that as it's writing, the TAC loses power and therefore loses comms to the ECU. I cannot find that forum anywhere now and want to make sure this isn't something deadly and that I don't need a new TACM.

Also may be time for a new battery when I can afford it next. Could a bad battery be the cause or is this just as mentioned above?

Finally, could this be solved by just changing it to set MIL on second error? Otherwise every time I write a tune, I have to connect and clear the DTC in VCM Scanner.
    Last edited by itskeevenistic; 02-23-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Senior Tuner
    It's a very common issue on the P59 PCM's.

If it really bothers you, you might try changing the Max Torque vs rpm table to a lower number. Just 10-20% over stock. That will fix the issue on some applications.

Or you can just clear the DTC after you flash it.

Clearing DTCs set in all the other modules after a flash is a routine step, even for guys doing dealership-type stuff. Even says so in the service manuals. During the flash the affected module is taken off the bus even though all the other modules are still doing their normal stuff, and they notice that one of their compatriots has gone missing and they don't know why, and they have been instructed to set a code when that happens.

Tuner in Training
    I'll just set it 20% over stock. If it keeps coming on, would changing the DTC to set MIL after second error get rid of it safely? If not oh well

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by itskeevenistic View Post
    I'll just set it 20% over stock. If it keeps coming on, would changing the DTC to set MIL after second error get rid of it safely? If not oh well
    That may prevent the issue, but it doesn't always do it.

See Blindsquirrel's response above. It's best practice to clear codes after a flash. Heck, it only takes a few seconds to do it.

Either way, let us know how it goes.

Tuner in Training
    I'll post tomorrow with an update, appreciate it all!